Friday, March 17, 2017

Top Of The Morning To You. Or Happy St. Patrick's Day. It's raining today and our downtown canal is green. Since there is so much going on this weekend in town a lot of people will see it this year. The Mayor does that every year as it is traditional for Indy.

I'm officially into making my Easter cards now. Today I am sharing a card that came out so cute. The "old" stuff is the paper and button. The paper is a DCWV called Nana's Nursery Baby Boy from the scrapbooking days. It is shiny, sparkly and raised. There is a pack for girls too. The papers are decorated with animals, stripes and words. The plain ones are soft colors of blue, green, yellow and lavender. Some of the plain ones are usable for anything. You will see more of these to come. The little chick is SU and the greeting is Lawn Fawn. Be kind to one another.


9 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! That little chickie is so cute!! I love the background!! Happy St. Patty's Day, my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

Blue and yellow make the perfect Easter card, Brenda, this is so pretty! Your little chick is sweet and the button is the perfect finishing touch.

Greta said...

Wish I could see the canal green--how fun! Raining here today, too. Fabulous use of your old goodies, my friend--love this sweet card! You inspired me to color with my very, very old Gelly Roll pens. Might not be trendy, but I discovered again why I love them! Posted on Flickr, but might eventually get it in a Blog post. Anyway--thanks for the push to use the old goodies!

alexandra s.m. said...

Don't you love that time of the year when Nature is about to have another go at it ;-)
Love your Easter card dear Brenda!
It is absolutely darling!
xx

Lynne in NI said...

Awww cute chick!
I'm sure your green canal was a sight to see, sounds like you've had typical Irish weather too, it's done nothing but rain here these past few days!

MaryH said...

YAY for you at using some of your VOS, and this is a darling design. Love that sweet little Easter chick. And if you didn't say, nobody would know the paper is from VOS...I think some designs are timeless.Always love when somebody can incorporate old buttons into a design too. Hope your St. Pat's was great...and hope the weather gets nice up your way too! Thanks for the candy shoutout, and linking to both the blogs. Hugs & TFS

Darnell said...

I can't imagine the people and traffic in Indy now with the tourny games. So exciting! You are right, this card did turn out super cute! Little baby chickens are such a staple for a sweet Easter card!! Well done using your oldies but goodies!! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

I like the happy colours of your paper and that is one cute chick. It poured with rain here yesterday but today has been sunny though windy. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

I have both of these paper stacks too Brenda! lol I love how you have used this paper for Easter!!! It makes such a cute Easter card, loving that chick!! I also love the button. I haven't even started any Easter cards yet, I've got to get on the ball! Hugs Brenda