Saturday, October 22, 2016

No one ever called me back out of three companies I called! I called my insurance company and they gave me two names to call. I reached the first one and he came out yesterday morning and can fix the leak. He said it's not too bad, only two places it could be coming in and he thinks he can get me on the schedule Monday. It won't be very much to fix. Who knew it would be so hard to find someone!

I was inspired by Darnell of http://www.djkardkreations.com/ to use brushos. I watched the video by Loll of  http://www.stampingwithloll.com/ and put the stencil on the paper, sprinkled the brushos on and spritzed with water and lifted the stencil. Then blot with paper towel. I wanted to make a Halloween card and this is the only stencil I have for Halloween. Don't ask me why I stuck those pumpkins on. I forgot less is more. I'm posting this card to show I tried the technique. Please disregard the pumpkins. Be kind to one another. I'm off to tailgate with family.


7 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe none of the three companies called you back!! What horrible business practice. I'm glad you were able to find someone and it will be an easy fix.

Your card is fabulous!! I love the colors!! I think the pumpkins look beautiful on the card!! Festive and fun!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh good idea to call the Ins. Co. Will they pay for the leak? I had called my Ins. Co. a couple of times for help, but because it was not an "all of a sudden" issue they could not help. If it had happened "all of a sudden" they could. Glad someone came out via the Ins. Co.

Fun card btw. Never used Brushos, shall have to look for them in the store.

Greta said...

What a great technique, Brenda! Gotta try it with my Color Burst powders--so many techniques & so little time--haha! amazing none of those companies called you back--guess they don't need more business! Thank goodness the insurance company had some names for you--hope it's not bad like he thinks.

Darnell said...

You are a HOOT, Brenda! Having done as you asked and disregarded the punkins, I have to say you did a brilliant job with the Brushos through stencils/pt technique! Great Halloween colors, too!!

I'm glad you thought to call your insurance company (genius) for someone and that you found Johnny Onthespot! I hope it really does turn out to be simple and quick. I'm actually not surprised those guys never called you back. We are losing all our blue color workers in this country. Talk to your grandsons - I do to mine. Electricians, plumbers, roofers, you name it, they are going to be the multimillionaires of the future!! Love and hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Glad you managed to get someone to come out over your leak. It is hopeless over here getting tradesmen to call you back and even harder to get them to actually call round and do the job. All too interested in just doing the big jobs where the big bucks are. Love your try out of the brushos and I like your added pumkins. Hugs Mrs A.

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a fun technique. I really need to try this. Sorry to hear you are having leaking problems. That's no fun at all. Glad you were able to get it taken care of.

Lisa Petrella said...

Love how this turned out!! What a cool technique!!!