Tuesday, August 26, 2014

We are finally having some hot weather after the coolest summer in a long time. It does bring thunderstorms at night though. I stayed up and watched the Emmys last night. I love to see the fashion and the stars. I don't watch any of the shows that won and we don't have any channels like HBO or Showtime so there are a lot of shows on that we can't watch. I would rather watch a comedy than a violent show and they don't seem to win. I worked on a card for my friend Marilyn yesterday. I will finish it up today and work on a card for my son's birthday coming up. Also have daughter in laws and grandson's birthday in September too. Then  two more family in October and a neighbors birthday too. Then Halloween and fall and Thanksgiving, then the Christmas cards. So I'd better get a move on. Today's card is the last one I made for homework for http://onlinecardclasses.com/SYS2/. This was day nine and used a stamp builder stamp set shown by Dawn Woleslagle  http://www.stampawaywithme.blogspot.co.uk/ . You stamped without the outline and then made your own outline around the image with a fine line black pen.  I like the way the leaves came out but the butterfly looks like it was electrocuted. I got a little carried away! It's a learning experience.  Be kind to one another.







4 comments:

Greta said...

So pretty, Brenda & you gave me a chuckle! I love leaves--gotta make use of all my stamps & dies--you've inspired me!

MaryH said...

Oh that was funny about your electrocuted butterfly. Actually it didn't, it looked 'modern arty'. This is lovely, and I'm liking the fall colors of your leaves a lot. How did you avoid the outlines on the stamp edges? (Yes I know I should have taken the class! LOL). I liked the technique of using the pen outline. It's very effective, and you did a great job on this one. Glad you are having some warmer weather, but I imagine those electrical storms are scary. Have a terrific weekend. Hugs & TFS

Darnell said...

Honestly, I choked on that one, Brenda! Your little butterfly does look a wee bit frazzle-pated, but those leaves are downright gorgeous!! I'm going to have to give this technique a try. Have a wonderful LD weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

You crack me up Brenda! I have to agree with you in that your little butterfly looks a little fried. lol But wow, those leaves are gorgeous! I think this is a great technique and one that I am wanting to try!! We have still been cooler here. But today, the 31st it has been a down right hot and humid one. One in only a handful over the whole summer. No storm but we did have a short little down pour, only lasted for maybe 3 mins. lol Hugs, Brenda