Monday, August 1, 2016

I have a busy day today so this is quick. This card today is a birthday card I think I will give my DIL next month. I have another idea that I want to try for her but if I don't get it done, this will be it. It is Lawn Fawn paper, Memory Box Prim Poppy die and SU cardstock.  The little heart was the problem. First I added a clear raised heart that was bling. Didn't like it. Took it off, which was no easy feat. Then I found a Lawn Fawn little heart die and cut some white cardstock. I sponged on DI and I didn't like the way that worked since I had already cut them out. So I sponged DI on white c/s and then die cut hearts. Still didn't like them. I guess I didn't like the color. So I die cut three more from the same LF paper. Then decided to use only one heart instead of three. Three were too many. Who would have thought that one little heart would cause so much trouble! And added so much time to making the card. Here at http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/ the challenge is to add pattern paper to your card so I am entering this card.  Be kind to one another.



Edited to add: Greta  reminded me about http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ Celebrate so I am entering this card for that. Thanks, Greta.




9 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful use of the plaid paper which I appear to be hoarding--haha! Isn't it just the way--the littlest things take the longest, but to my eye you got it just right in the end! Have a great day even though you're busy & you can enter this at SSS Monday--2 $50 gc up for grabs!

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous!! I love the papers you used!! I think the heart is a perfect touch!! Beautiful my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue - said...

Love how you've used the paper for the flowers and border, and matching the heart to them just finishes it so well.

Di said...

This is wonderful Benda! Fabulous papers, design and the heart is just so perfect! Well worth all the angst.

Hugs

Di xx

Colleen said...

So glad you persevered with that heart because it turned out perfect!! We all know the trials of card making...I always second guess myself with the placement of sequins! ha ha! Have a great day friend! PS, love your stash of new goodies!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh I really like it Brenda!!
Great work!!

Catherine said...

Your card is so pretty, Brenda, and I love how you used patterned paper for the flowers and border. Lovely design! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Kate said...

So pretty, love that plaid paper :) Thanks for playing at Lawnscaping challenges.
Kate xx

Mrs A. said...

I like this card very much . Love the pink with the plaid design paper and that die is so on my wish list. Hugs Mrs A.