Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I would like to welcome a new follower to my blog. She is Karen Hasheck of Wisconsin and is a recently retired lady and she is really busy. I hope you will be able to visit her blog at http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/.

I got busy and put all the Halloween stamps, dies and embellishments together along with all the papers I have on the dining room table. I don't have a surface in my craft room to keep it all out while I go through the time until Halloween. It is my favorite time to stamp. Then I called the family and invited them for dinner this weekend to celebrate the September birthdays. So I proceeded to haul it all out to the sunroom. It will have to be moved back after they leave. I grabbed one new stamp from Prickley Pear and one new die from Concord and 9th and put a card together. The paper is Graphic 45 but not this years. The greeting is Lawn Fawn and embossed in Zing embossing powder in apricot.  The circles are Spellbinders. Now that the card is finished I wish I had embossed the pumpkin too so it would really stand out. I'll do that next time. I don't know why I always finish a card, look it over and decide I should have done this or that. I hope I'm not alone. Be kind to one another.

This is my second entry for Darnell's NBUS.


8 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Brenda. I love the background paper and what a great pumpkin stamp! I'm the same as you - sometimes finishing a card and wishing I'd done something different. xx

PS I have some blog candy to give away on my blog. xx

Liz said...

Just replying to your comment on my blog:
I'm sure you were a follower of my blog too, Brenda. I know that you regularly leave me lovely comments. Blogger does strange things sometimes. Don't worry about your picture not being there, you'll still be put in for the draw. xx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Brenda!! I love the pumpkin!! The stems in the background are fabulous!! Love this!! So beautiful!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

Love the paper, those beautiful leaves & that gorgeous pumpkin! Something could always have been done differently, but this is one beautiful card, Brenda!

Bonnie said...

I love that pumpkin!

MaryH said...

You're not alone at 2nd guessing yourself! Love this cute punkin and the way you've done the sentiment too. The background dp looks so pretty with the motif, and this pumpkin could be used a pretty Fall theme too. Like this image very much. TFS & Hugs

Sue - said...

A great card Brenda. I don't make any Halloween cards as its not really big over here.

Darnell said...

There is so much to love about your design that you didn't need to emboss the punkin, Brenda! I try not to look back at a card once I'm done with it because I know if I did, I would find something crooked or wish I had added splatters or a couple of dots. I do love embossing, but it's sort of a production to get it out (read get off my arse!), so I tend to be just plain lazy even when I know it would add to the card and I would love it. That's bad, huh? Thank you for playing in my challenge again! Enjoy your family time and the long weekend!! Love and hugs, Darnell