Saturday, August 13, 2016

Yesterday was a very productive day. Not in a card way but I got a lot done in the house. Below is my newest purchase. It is a Raskog cart from Ikea. I ordered it because it holds a lot but can go in a small space and it's on rollers so it's easy to move around. I think I will store punches in it if it holds together. I say that because "I" put it together. I had heard that Ikea products were hard to assemble but when I looked at the pictures (no actual directions) I didn't think it looked hard at all. In fact it was quite simple. EXCEPT for that middle shelf. The screws barely fit through the tubes then you put on the washers on the inside. I laid it on its side, I stood it up. I turned it over and kicked it. I did not realize I knew so much profanity. Molly, who never leaves my side, took off for the kitchen and stayed there. There was nothing to hold the shelf in place while you put the screws in. But, I did it and I'm very pleased with myself. Molly, not so much. The picture is dark because it is dark and very overcast today with rain forecast. Be kind to one another.



9 comments:

Colleen said...

Yeah for you! You did it, that is what is important! And I have one and LOVE it! Just realized from Tracey McNeely's blog that you can add holders onto the sides... for pens, copics, many misc things... Sorry you are having a crummy day weather wise... that means it is a NO GUILT craft day!! Have fun!!

Greta said...

Oh you made me laugh, Brenda! I need to have one of those productive days, but always find excuses to go make a card instead--haha! Crazy weather this year, for sure! Wish we could send you some of our sunshine & heat!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

That looks like a great little cart for punches. I thought maybe I should get one. But when you said putting it together, you put it on it's side, stood it up, kicked it and said many words of profanity and Molly left the room....nope, not for me. I would have been worse then that. I am glad you got it together in one piece though, looks like a great invention.

Lisa said...

LOL - I'm glad you got the cart put together!! And wow, it's awesome!! I think I may have to order one...will you come put it together for me??!! ;) It's thundering and pouring rain here, too. A dreary day...perfect to stay inside and craft!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Petrella said...

Love your new cart, Brenda! Great job putting it together! Your story had me laughing for sure! I can see myself behaving the same way...and my puppy responding just like Molly did. HA!

Di said...

Sorry for laughing Brenda - I love your cart - now it's assembled and hope that Molly has come out of hiding :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

This looks like a very useful thing to have. I probably would have it overloaded, though. lol I'm very impressed that you put it together. I read your email on a day that I was crazy busy and then forgot about it. I'm sorry. I'm trying to keep my head above water and not doing a very good job. Hugs!

Mrs A. said...

Good for you for persevering. The result looks pretty good for lots of storage space. My craft table and chairs came from IKEA . The Doc was most impressed with how it all fited together. Hugs from Mrs A. and Norm.

Liz said...

Your post really made chuckle, Brenda. Looks great and I can see it's going to be really useful. xx