Thursday, August 25, 2016

I would like to welcome a new follower, Lia. I don't know her blog or website but I'm so happy you are here. I would be happy to post your blog if you would like.

We really had some terrible weather in our state yesterday. Many tornadoes touched down and caused a lot of damage to the north and west of here. I had wind, rain, thunder and lightning but not dangerous like they had other places. A Starbucks completely collasped. Fortunately there were only 15 non life threating injuries but a lot of homes were damaged or destroyed. That always breaks my heart to see things like that whether it is tornadoes, fire, floods or earthquakes.

I am trying to creat scenes for my cards and this is another one for my sons birthday in Oct. Started by stamping mountains from Hero Arts. Sponged sky (which you can't see) above and lighter blues for lake under the mountains. That could have been darker. Then grass and cattails from Technique Tuesday with DI for land. The deer are Memory Box and the window is Poppy Stamps. The burlap paper is DCWV.  I may have put too much in the scene for such a small window. It's nice to just try it and see what the outcome is and I do like this. He is a big outdoor person so I think he will like it too. Be kind to one another.





7 comments:

Greta said...

I was so worried about you & my family & other friends in Indy when I saw the tornadoes on the TV. So glad you're OK! You're getting to be an expert at creating scenes, Brenda--love this one! Mountains & lakes are our favorite places to be! Using the burlap paper was a great idea!

Sue - said...

That is a great card Brenda. I've never seen burlap card before, I thought you'd just put a piece under the card to ohotograph it! So glad you weren't affected by all the bad weather.

Lisa said...

I was worried about you and the storms yesterday and kept you in my prayers. I'm glad the tornadoes didn't affect you. Our sirens went off and we had rain and wind, but thankfully nothing touched down here. I can't believe the pictures from Kokomo :(

Your card is fabulous!! I absolutely love the scene you've created!! The details are perfect!! I love the burlap paper, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mrs A. said...

What a super scene you have created here and I don't fhink it is crowded at all. Must admit I too thought that you had used a real piece of burlap for the backing. It is very realistic. Glad to hear that you are ok and missed the horrific storm damage. The weather is really playing havoc in a lot of countries right now. Hugs Mrs A.

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a beautiful card Brenda and absolutely perfect for an Autumn baby ;)
Hugs~

Darnell said...

I think your scene is just right, Brenda, and the burlap really adds a ton of interest! I'm sorry to hear you got hammered by storms and I'm sorry to hear there was a lot of property damage. And poor Louisiana! None of this is getting the media attention it deserves because of the stupid election circus!! I hope you have sunny skies now! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Oh wow I do love all that detail behind the window, so picturesque! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment too, really appreciate it!