Sunday, August 21, 2016

It was a sad week. My neighbor across the street passed away and her service was yesterday. She had been a caretaker for her husband with Parkinsons for many years and he passed three years ago. Shortly after she was diagnosed with cancer and went through all her treatments but never really felt well after that. It returned in several places and she went very fast. I never heard her complain about taking care of him or at any time when she was ill. Very sweet lady and a good friend and neighbor. She will be missed by all of us.

This card is for my grandsons birthday next month. I am trying so hard to get ahead of my birthday cards for the family. Seems like I turn the calendar page over and it's time for all three Sept. birthdays and I'm never ready. This is an Avery Elle stamp and I think he will like it. I used a Simon Says Stencil and distress inks for the waves on the card front and a Spellbinders die for the circle. It seemed somewhat bland and I didn't want to add bling to a guy card so I added a gold tooth for him. His teeth are so small it's hard to see. Be kind to one another.



7 comments:

Greta said...

So sorry you lost your friend--very sad. On a brighter note--your card is absolutely adorable, Brenda! Love the waves & the gold teeth--what a fun idea!

Di said...

Oh Brenda, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and neighbour. She sounds like a remarkable lady.

Love your card, such fun and the gold tooth is a fabulous idea! I've looked at this set a few times online and been tempted, sitting on my hands here now! You made such a great job of the waves too!

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa said...

Oh, Brenda, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

Your card is so adorable!! I love the shark!! The gold tooth is such an awesome touch!! The waves look amazing!! Love it!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

LesleyG said...

So sorry, sounds like you were blessed by a lovely friend. What a fun card, I'm sure he'll love it, gold tooth and all xxx

Sharyn Polesel said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbor. I'm sure you will miss her. Your card is so fun and I bet your grandson will love it. Hugs!

Colleen said...

Brenda, I am so sorry about your friend, you know you never complained about caring for your husband either! You are just as giving as your neighbor, I think it has to do with LOVE! Awesome card for your grandson! Heart Hugs, Col

MaryH said...

So sorry to hear of your neighbor's passing, and I know you will certainly miss her. Your card is delightfully fun, and your grand will love it. Great idea to add the gold shark tooth, as well, and I recognize that SSS water stencil. We both bought that set at Stampaway last year! Good job on the stenciling. Shark looks right at home in the 'water'. TFS & thanks for the good wishes sent my way. Hugs