Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Okay, so I haven't used my new goodies yet but I did make this card for my son's birthday. He loves to camp and kayak and always makes a fire so I put it all on one card. My next class should be on how to make a scene. I'm not good with depth and need to learn that. He will like it though. The tent is Stampin' Up, kayak is TPC Studio and the trees, fire and flip flops are Lawn Fawn. I sponged DI for sky and sand and added stars with a white chalk marker. I have three signo white pens, none of which work. They must dry up quick. I stamped the trees directly and cut out and glued on the rest. I found a new (to me) challenge at http://twoferschallenge.blogspot.com/ whose challenge is The Heat is On. I hope the fire will qualify. Be kind to one another.

11 comments:

Di said...

I love this card Brenda! And I bet your son will too - so personal and there IS depth!

Hugs

Di xx

Colleen said...

Fabulous card, Brenda! I think you did a great job with making this scene! Wow, the tent and kayak are so realistic looking! I think your son will absolutely LOVE it! Hope all is still well with you! I have my water bottle sitting right here by my computer on top of the coaster you gave me! I think of you every time I get a drink and lift up the bottle!! Love you!

Liz said...

A perfect card for your son, Brenda, and Di is right, you HAVE created depth. Brilliant card. xx

Sue - said...

Brilliant card Brenda!

Zoechaos said...

Not seen anything quite like this it is fabulous, especially love those flames. So pleased you found us at Twofers XOXO

Lisa said...

I love this, Brenda!! What a fabulous scene you've created!! You perfectly combined camping and kayaking!! Love this my friend!! Your son will, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jane Willis said...

Love the way you've brought so many different elements together to create this fab scene. I'm very glad you found us at Twofers!
I've had the same problem with white pens, but somebody told me to store them flat instead of upright and my latest one has lasted for ages, so it must be helping!
Jane

alexandra s.m. said...

What a lovely scene! I would like to be in it right now ;))

Greta said...

Oh wow, Brenda--this is fabulous! What a perfect card for Twofers--don't think I'll bother to enter this time!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is a terrific masculine card! I love to personalize. I bet your son will love it!

Greta said...

Hurrah!! Top 3 at Twofers, my friend!