Tuesday, January 28, 2014

You don't have to read this. No cards involved, it is just a rant.

I have talked to HP people for a fee to see if they could figure out what was wrong with the monitor. No such luck. Talked to cable provider, they say it's not them. Went and bought a laptop yesterday. Got it out of the box and hooked up. Sounds easy, not so much. Got it to load apps and created my name and password. Turns out you can't update the password from what you had without going in  physically and changing it in the system. I now cannot get into the new laptop. They will fix it if I bring it in and also will transfer my information from one computer to the new one. Unfortunately, this is a no travel day because of the cold so they are not open today. I keep praying every morning this computer will come on. I have to keep turning it off by just pushing the off button so it doesn't shut down properly. When the monitor goes out, I can't see what to do so I just turn it off. If I reset the modem it will hopefully come back on. Cable says it is the video card. I am frustrated. Did not make a card from class yesterday because I spent the day running around to get this taken care of.  Hope to do some crafting this afternoon but I am afraid to leave the computer. If it goes into sleep mode it will turn off.  Can you hear me screaming where you are? The cold air should carry the sound of my voice. Thanks for listening or just tuning out. I feel better. Can't wait to see what happens next! If I am not here for a while at least you will know why. I find I'm not good with this touch pad thing instead of a mouse. This will take some time to learn all this new stuff. Old dog, new tricks sort of thing.

Love you all, be kind to one another.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG Brenda, you are just having a heck of a time with all this "new" technology...and I am right there with you. I don't think I could ever handle a touch pad ...they do have a wireless mouse...don't know if that would work with the laptop you bought, but I would think it would. Love your attitude...I didn't hear a thing from you across the miles *wink*

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh I know how you feel when things don't work properly. Technology is supposed to make life easier....NOT....I don't believe a word they say!!! Keep your chin up, things will get better. So are you likeing the lap top? I am not sure what direction I will go. As I guess windows XP is phasing out by April. I need to find something soon, but $$$ holds me back right now....I don't relish the thought of going through all that you are going through.

Darnell said...

I wish I lived closer so I could come over and at least give you a hug, Brenda. And swear with you. Instead, all I can do is pray for you and that I'm doing.

On a happier note, I've enjoyed catching up with your card makes and seeing all your pretty work from the class. The classes will still be there for you, even if you miss a couple of days, so don't fret about that.

Big hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

I'm close behind you I'm almost stepping on your heels!!. This is so not much fun for you right now. Hope you can get set up ok real soon. Our son does all our computer whizzidry stuff for us but it means carting the pc's half way across the country. Hugs Mrs A. Go have a little drinkie poo.

MaryH said...

Brenda, I don't like the touchpad either. You can buy a wireless mouse that hooks into the laptop with a USB connection. I'm sure the office stores have them, but I got mine at Sam's Wholesale...about $25. Worth every penny! There are some made just for laptops...mine is just a USB connected mouse and stays with my laptop. Hope you've gotten things somewhat resolved by now. Hugs