Thursday, January 16, 2014

It is snowing again. We have another 2-3 inches and of course it is cold. A lady at the grocery store told me yesterday the Farmer's Almanac said we would have a huge blizzard in February.  I could truthfully do without a blizzard at any time. Anyway, got the food shopping finished and laundry done. Took sister in laws birthday card apart and started again. Still not crazy about it. I bought a set of cards with a thimble and scissors to use on her card and I was bound and determined to use it. She is a quilter and I used the Our Daily Bread quilt stamp. My first attempt got the purple mat on crooked. I looked at it for a while and decided I couldn't use that. I have a pin with gold scissors I want to give her, so I embossed the scissors and thimble in gold. I don't like them on the card but there you are. I do like the rocker raised on dimensionals though. I also stamped her some receipe cards and made an envelope for them from the punch board. I am taking her out for lunch tomorrow on her birthday so I hope she likes it. This is the first crooked card. Then the second card. Then the receipe cards.







 
This is the pin I want to give her.  Be kind to one another.
 

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

I think your SIL will love this card!! She will appreciate the fact that you incorporated her hobbies. Those recipe cards are fantastic, too!! So useful, and I just love all the stamped touches you added. That makes them so much fun!!

Great scissors pin--so perfect for her!!

Cathy said...

Great personalised card for your SIL, I'm sure she will love it, Cathy x

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Cute cards....well I hope the Farmers Almanac is WRONG!!!

Marybeth said...

I know this will be loved ! The recipe cards are very sweet too.
Oh no more snow and cold for you ....I hope not. We could take a bit of it from you...wink wink

Colleen said...

Brenda, this card will be loved! I think the rocking chair and quilt are darling and your SIL will love it because it was made by your hands!! Stay warm, stay safe and stay inside...(after lunch, of course!!)

MaryH said...

Brenda, enjoyed your post, and I do the same thing, but usually don't catch it until I get ready to post the photo! Your SIL will love this pretty card, because you made it especially for her & with her love of quilting. This is a fab ODBD design, and I liked the accessories on the card. Hope your lunch was fun, and I've heard the same Farmers Almanac prediction. Not just about the blizzard, but about an intensely cold winter season. Around our Upstate SC area, people are commenting that they see 'nature signs' that indicate the same thing (some kind of tree caterpillar that gets real fuzzy & thick coating, stuff like that!). We did get some severe cold earlier than usual for us. TFS your pretty card and stay warm. Hugs