Monday, January 6, 2014

Oh happy day! The phone saga is over. Thanks to all of you who went through it with me. Now the phone actually rings, there is a person on the other end, and we can speak to each other. I'm so excited. Email me your number and I'll call you! I want to talk to everyone. We did get 11 and 1/2 inches of snow and had a wind chill of minus 41 below this morning. It has warmed up to a chill of minus 14 right now. The wind is beyond cold. Never felt anything like it. Molly is in shock when she has to go out. She waits until there is just no more time and runs out and right back. Our mayor has closed all schools today and tomorrow and we are under a travel advisory. No one can be on the roads unless you are police, ambulance or going to a shelter because you have no heat. I feel so bad for the power and light people who have to restore power. I don't know how they do it in this cold. I tried to load a picture this morning and blogger or internet explorer wouldn't let me. This is the card my sister in law made. She is a quilter but it was her daughter who got us started stamping so she still does sometimes. Stay warm where ever you are. I know we aren't the only ones who have this terrible weather. Be kind to each other.

 

2 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, happy days are here again! Yippee!! I'm so happy for you, Brenda! Your post did give me a chuckle ... we are just now watching all three seasons of Downton Abby to catch up and we just watched the episode where phones were installed for the very first time. I'm sure they folks were as excited as you were!! What a ball-buster ordeal that was to get through!! Pardon my french.

I'm not sure what's going on with your photos. The ones you have posted are showing up fine, there is no red x. I did get that a few times early on when I started blogging and if I remember right, it was because I was trying to load too large a photo. If I clicked on it and made it small or medium, then it worked. Is that what you mean?

Everyone on Blogger is only allocated so much free space. It turns out (again, if I remember right) that if you never load larger than medium, you should be okay for ages. I like to post large or x-large so I ran out of free "space." At first I went back to my very first posts and deleted a few pictures and then I thought, oh, forget it, I'll just pay the $4.99 a month to do whatever the heck size and however many photos I want forever. So that's what I do. But I'm not sure that's what you're talking about because it doesn't seem like your photos are larger than small or medium. I hope someone else knows and can help you.

I'm so sorry for everyone back there, especially the homeless and the critters! Geez, that's bloody cold. Stay in and stay warm and enjoy that phone!! Hugs, Darnell

Marybeth said...


Yeah the phone works! Nice to have that behind you now.
Oh my goodness the weather sounds way too cold! I bet it's beautiful to see,or not! I won't tell you how warm we are in S. Ca .
I love your coco card,it's warm and very cozy love the pink and red together....this is a show stopper . Warm wishes for you.