Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I wish you all a wonderful, healthy, safe and Happy New Year. Hope you achieve all you set out to do and all your cards are beautiful! I've been kind of out of it since the funeral. I made a sympathy card and was so rattled I just put it in the envelope and mailed it without taking a picture! I'm sure you've seen it a million times. I used the Wetlands SU stamp on sand with water and sky and the birds walking on the sand. I made that one because at this time of year they were leaving for Florida for a month and he would walk the beach every day, so that reminded me of him. I hope to do some challenges this year as I only make cards when I need them. I have a birthday card coming up in late January so that will be next. I am a slow crafter. Takes me forever to choose paper, then stamps, then what I want to say. Then I start over!

I'd like to introduce Dangina, who is a new follower. Stop by and say hello to her at http://mycarden.blogspot.com/. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration and help you have all shown me this past year, I love you all. 

On a side note: don't have phone fixed yet. Had to call my previous carrier and have them reinstall my old phone line again so the new company can disconnect it. That took a while and now only certain carriers can call me, not everyone! They assured me (ha, ha) that it will be fixed by 1/4. I didn't even call my old carrier to tell them only some people can call me. Just waiting it out. Not stressing anymore, it is what it is. If you never hear from me again you'll know I lost my internet service!  Be kind to one another.

5 comments:

Darnell said...

Well, I commend you for not stressing, Brenda, but I certainly hope you don't go offline forever! I'm still sending positive vibes your way that it all soon gets resolved, including the bill. If I should miss the next update you post, email me because I'm interested to know how it's going. Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Leena Girsa said...

Hi Brenda...I just wanted to wish you a happy new year and thank you so much for your faithful comments on my blog posts. I so appreciate them! I hope you have a truly blessed 2014 and wish you good health and much happiness!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Your card sounds so appropriate for a sympathy card, I do that all time, in a hurry and don't get a pic to post it. Be sure to keep checking out our weekly challenges over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Unknown said...

Oh no, hope everything gets better with your internet service!! I feel like I'm always have some sort of problem with that! Hope you enjoyed the holidays :)

MaryH said...

Hi Brenda, just popping in to see how the communications situation was going, and sounds like it is still a frustration. Happy to see that you decided to not stress over it any longer. I don't want to lose a new friend, so I certainly hope you finally get the problems resolved. I'm a slow cardmaker too, work better when I'm at home as opposed to being in a class. Hope that you're not getting a lot of that stuff from the monster storm. We had a hi of 35 today, early for SC to be that cold. But hey, it ain't ice & snow, and we did have sunshine. I have to get back in crafting mode, but we still haven't unpacked yet. DH was exhausted from the drive and his back & hip are bothering him. Plus Life goes on around you, and crafting has to take a backseat to Life always! Hugs, stay warm & cozy.