Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I don't usually post in the evening but I will be brief. Hubby has infection in lip and a virus. We got meds for both and also have to put salve on his lip. If not all healed in two weeks he will have a biopsy. I have arthritis in my sacroiliac. Have pain meds and anti inflammatory meds.  Should feel better soon.

It was an emotional day here for our family. Grandson was in lecture hall across from the classroom where the shooting occurred at Purdue University. Police ran into their room screaming "get your stuff and get out". They ran out but didn't know where they were suppose to go or what to do. He ran into two frat brothers and they ran to the  building  next door and barricaded themselves in a classroom. They kept watching on twitter and facebook until the all clear came. Then they waited another hour just to be safe. All went back to the house and stayed there. My son called me about 30 seconds before it came on the news. Said he had a text that grandson was okay, there had been a shooting. We knew he was okay right away, but they didn't know if there was another shooter or what was going on. He emailed me and told me what happened and what they did. Oh so scary. My heart goes out to the family of the student shot and to the family of the boy who did the shooting. Plus you have to think of all the scared students and their families that are far away and can do nothing. Oh my, what a day. I'm emotionally drained. 

Also want to tell my blog friends where the weather is so terribly cold and snowy to be safe and stay warm and snuggly.

Sorry, I was not brief. Just wanted you to know. Be kind to one another and be sure and tell them you love them every day. Life can change in a moment.

6 comments:

MaryH said...

Oh my goodness, that would have been a horrendous experience to have to go through, and for his parents & grandparents to be out of their minds with fear. I just don't understand why all this seems to be happening everywhere...what these people are trying to prove, other than vent anger. And hurt innocent people. I guess that's why I have so much nostalgia for the 50's, when things like this were unheard of. At least in my little southern town. We didn't even dare backtalk a teacher or adult. I'm thankful your grandson was safe, and my heart breaks for the parents of the injured student. Sorry to hear about your arthritis too. It sounds so painful. This storm sounds like it will be bad up in your area, so I hope you can stay inside, warm and not have to go out on icy steps or a walk to get your mail either. You take care, and I hope the lip virus doesn't require a biopsy! You need a really pleasant evening to get your emotions back on even keel. Hugs, Hugs Hugs.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

It is so sad to see what this country is coming to. But I honestly believe that the day God and the Bible were barred from schools that is when all hell broke loose. When God is taken out of state and country, you no longer have a state, or Country blessed by God. Look at all those communist countries...is God in them.....that is what is happening to us as a country. God has been taken out of everything and this country is going bizzurk!!! Look at the politicians...same thing. When a president says this is NOT a christian country.....how can he say that??? This country was founded on God and His Word!!!

Okay I will get off my soap box.....

Stay safe in this terrible winter weather, the second polar vortex is rolling in. It's snowing here and very cold in WI Hope all your ailments subside....my husband and I are going through alot of stuff too. We're not new cars anymore....we're starting to break down....around the corner is the junk yard hahahahaha....I am not sure that was a very good anology but yeah, we're getting old and things just don't work as well as they used to.

Enjoy...hope your tv, internet and phone is working well now. My DVR was not working properly, I contacted at&t, had an internet chat, they figured out the problem that the dvr was not working and sent me a new one, I hooked it up and everything is good to go. Now I have to get the old dvr to ups and get it back to them in 10 days otherwise I owe them $150. Snowing today....we'll go tomorrow and send it off. Well, I better go before this comment gets to be a blog. Keep looking up and keep warm.

Darnell said...

Oh, Brenda, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's lip and your Arthur I. Tis and I hope that you both are feeling better soon with the meds. And then, wow, I'm happy to hear that your grandson is okay, although understandably shook up. We are so stupid in this country when it comes to guns. How many more school shootings must there be for God's sake?

I hope the rest of your week is quiet and calm and that you stay warm and don't get too snowed in! Take care. Hugs, Darnell

Irish Cherokee said...

Just getting around to commenting. You have had some week. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

Cathy said...

Sounds like you've had a real rollercoaster of emotions lately Brenda. Hope you and your hubby are on the mend soon. Glad to hear that your GS is ok too, whew! How frightening it must've been for everyone concerned. Stay safe in that treacherous weather, if I could mail you some sunshine I would :) Cathy x

Lisa Petrella said...

Hope you and your husband feel better soon, Brenda! And glad to hear your grandson is okay. My nephew was in that same building at Purdue too---two floors above the classroom where the shooting happened. So scary and so very sad.