Wednesday, November 8, 2023

On a roll with sunflowers

I want to thank all of you for your great suggestions to get back in the groove. Sometimes we just need a little push. I went back to basics by simple stamping. I used a Cuttlebug embossing autumn folder with yellow cardstock and stamped a greeting on a die cut element from my first ever Simon Says card kit. It was so simple and I love the card. I colored in the pumpkin and leaves with Copics. It got me started and hopefully I'm back on track. I went through a lot of my pattern paper while I was doing nothing and I will be using a lot of it in the future.

I hope the time change hasn't bothered anyone but Daisy is having a hard time with it. She usually eats at five fifteen in the evening and by four fifteen she is jumping up and down for her dinner! I hope she gets adjusted soon or I'll have to give her nerve pills (of course I'm kidding). Here she is taking her predinner nap.

Instructor - "Welcome to salsa class! Who's ready to dance?"
Me - hiding a bag of tortilla chips as I back off. There has been a misunderstanding on my part.






Be kind to one another.





9 comments:

Bonnie said...

I LOVE your bright yellow card with the sunflower wreath and the pumpkin in the sentiment! It looks like your mojo has returned, my friend! My stomach is still on Daylight Savings time too! I hope Daisy and I get on track soon. I do like getting up in daylight and don't mind closing up a bit earlier in the evening.

Susan said...


I'm having exactly the same problem with Tessa. She likes to eat at 5:00, so is asking for (demanding) dinner at 4:00. I've been making her wait an extra 15 minutes each day till we're at the new time. Love your bright yellow embossed card base - so perfect for the sunflowers.

Donna W. said...

I love sunflowers. Your sunflower wreath is gorgeous. Love the texture of embossing folders. Glad you are getting your mojo back. My thought on the time is can't they decide on one and stop changing twice a year.

oldpunca said...

I love your yellow sunflower card with embossed background. Glad your mojo is back. :-)
I hope you and Daisy have your daily routine back. We in Europe have changed time two weeks ago and the cat of my doughter had the same problem as your Daisy. But he "asked" me and I gave him dinner at 5 p.m. and not at 6 p.m. when he has to eat. :-)
Sonja

Loll said...

Bright and cheery card with those beautiful sunflowers and yellow base. The pumpkin is so cute! Glad you are feeling more creative, Brenda. Daisy looks so comfy laying with that fuzzy, cuddly, pink blankie. Ohhhh for a dog's life! :) xx

LesleyG said...

Love your sunshine pumpkin card, and love the photo……Daisy is very cute, it’s a shame we can’t tell them why we change the clocks……..it’s a mad human thing! Xxx

Darnell said...

Your warm sunflower card brightens up the cloudy fall days we are having here, Brenda! It's a great panel over the embossed background! Glad you are getting back in the groove. I think the "fall back" DST makes everyone a bit out of sync, both creatively and eatingly. I'm with Daisy and start jumping up and down for my dinner an hour early, too, and so far I haven't adjusted. Funny, though, I'm not getting up any earlier. ?? And now I'm hungry for chips and salsa! Hugs, Darnell

Carol L said...

That's such a pretty card with the sunflower wreath and wonderful background embossing. I too am having difficulty with the time change - it always takes me a couple months to get adjusted - just in time to have the clocks turned ahead again. Daisy looks so comfy in her bed with her little blankie ;)

Greta said...

Such a pretty Fall card & love the sweet picture of poor Daisy! They just don't understand if it feels like dinner time, why isn't it?!