Sunday, November 19, 2023

Fall Birthday

This is a birthday card I made for a wonderful friend who lives in an area where leaves change each year like mine do here in my state. I cut two leaves from white cardstock and inked with brushes. Then cut two leaves from gold cardstock and glued them all to a fall embossing folder on a green panel. A few gold sequins finished it. The greeting is inside because I didn't want to squish it on the front.

Welcome to the Karma Cafe. Please be seated. There are no menus. You will be served what you deserve.






Be kind to one another.




11 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Brenda ♥

Loll said...

Your colourful fall leaves are so pretty, Brenda. They look beautiful on the texture deep green background. Great work! xx

LesleyG said...

Love this, the embossed background (looks good on green), the coloured leaves with the gold make it all richly elegant xxx

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Carol L said...

This is a real beauty of a birthday card with the autumn vibes and pretty leaves! I love that karma cafe idea - where can I buy gift cards for that restaurant?? lol

Darnell said...

This is a beautifully textured fall card for your friend, Brenda! She will love it! I like the look of how each of your realistic leaves is backed with a plain gold leaf die cut. And I like the sound of Karma Cafe. If only! Happy Thanksgiving! Love, Darnell

Bonnie said...

The colored leaves are so pretty and the gold leaves make this super elegant! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my sweet friend!

Viv said...

Love this beautiful embossed background Brenda which is just perfect for the fall leaves. Lovely colours and a lovely card. x

Maria said...

Oh, I recognize the card and I do love it! Again, thank you so much for the lovely card! All the leaves are gone here except a few on our oak tree. But, they were beautiful this year! Lol, and love the cute joke! Yes, karma is served...hehehe! May you have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving, hugs!!

Tsars said...

I appreciate the thoughtfulness and depth you bring to your writing.

Greta said...

Love that embossing folder & never got around to using it this year. Can't correct that next year! Beautiful leaves!