Sunday, October 1, 2023

Welcome to October

Only three more months of 2023. How can that be? This is such a beautiful time of year and my favorite season. I have been missing this week with bronchitis. The cough is getting better now but it really laid me low the first week. My poor, comprised lungs have a hard time dealing with this and it completely saps my energy. So, a lost week for me.

I know this card is strange but it fits right in with my family. Tomorrow is my son's birthday and he lives on a lake with lots of turtles. You see one every time you walk out on the dock. I had to make this card for him! This is KaiserCraft paper and a Sunny Studio sentiment. I know he will love it. I made it a few months ago after seeing Patty Dolan make it on YouTube.

Never drink with a ghost. They can't handle their boos.





Be kind to one another.




9 comments:

Carol L said...

Oh Brenda, this is going to be a hit with your son I'm sure! I love this technique of framing an image and the turtle looks perfect! I hope you feel better soon and get rid of that cruddy bronchitis. That's the pits! As for Halloween, I'm only there for the boos anyway so bring on the ghosts! (j/k - I can't handle the boos anymore) LOL Happy October!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
so sorry to hear you are poorly.
I do hope you are feeling better soon.
Love your Son's card and the wonderful design.
The colours are so pretty and perfect for the Turtle image.
What a very lucky Man to live near those fab creatures and a lovely lake.
Lots of crafty love and gentle hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry you have been sick, Brenda. I hope your energy returns soon. This is an awesome turtle and I love how you framed it! Turtles are fascinating creatures!

Donna W. said...

Love how you framed in the turtle design. Glad you are on the mend. This is a great time to be outside with the cooler days.

jimlynn said...

Nothing about your card is strange at all! I love it and I love turtles too! Great way to showcase this little turtle. Both inside and out it's wonderful.
Lynn

Loll said...

LOVE this card Brenda ... and your son will adore it!! Such a cool design. Sorry to hear you've not been well, my friend. I hope that things are getting better for you and you can breathe easier. Take care. Love, Lolly

LesleyG said...

Sorry to hear you’ve been poorly, hope you’re feeling a lot better. I’ve seen this “fractured “card technique recently, (I don’t really like the name), but I love your turtle card. How amazing to be able to see them in the wild, such gorgeous creatures. Take care Xxx

Christine Alexander said...

I hope your bronchitis is getting better, keep warm and snuggled up in doors ♥
Wonderful card for your son, I'm sure he will love it ♥

Brenda said...

This is not a strange card Brenda! I love the sea turtle you used on it! And here I thought I was up on my game for once making these faux shutter cards. LOL I love yours and I love the colors you used. But I really love that turtle the most! I hope you are feeling much better now!!! Hugs, Brenda