Monday, October 23, 2023

My first one

This has been the busiest month of this year for me. A lot of activities that I'm not used to. I'm really a homebody but it has been good to get out for lunches with family and friends before the cold sets in. It has not left a lot of crafting time since I have to have a nap when I get home! So, I missed posting on Sunday like I normally do since I met my granddaughter for lunch to celebrate her birthday. 

I finally got my first Christmas card made yesterday. I needed a kick start to get it done so I used a 49 and Market rub-on. The mat is a Pinkfresh that surprised me when I die cut it. I thought it was going to be a scalloped frame. The mat is the inside of that die. The sentiment is from a $1 stamp I picked up somewhere. But hey, it's a card and I'm started. I wish I could take pictures with my card straight but it never looks right in the camera.

I just released a new fragrance. No one else in the car seemed to appreciate it.






Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Carol L said...

I hear you on not being able to keep up with things in the month of October. There is always so much to do, and I'm glad you've been able to get out and enjoy lunch to celebrate your DGD's birthday! That's a wonderful Santa card too with a great rub-on!

Maria said...

Yes, so much to do at times and happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your birthday and with granddaughter, too! Your Christmas card is very pretty with the Santa rub-on! I looked back and noticed your Halloween cards, very cute! Love the Dove joke, lol!

Susan said...

Lovely image, great scalloped edges! Glad you're getting out for nice times with family and friends. It will be winter soon enough and we'll all be spending more time indoors.

LesleyG said...

Great that you’ve met with family, and made a start on your stash, time goes too fast! Love the funny 😂😂😂xxx

Donna W. said...

That Santa is adorable. You could tell people you spent hours coloring it. It is good you could be out with family and friends. It really has been nice fall weather lately.

oldpunca said...

You've done the start for Christmas card crafting. Good girl. :-) I love your card and the negative of scallop frame looks great.
Sonja

Loll said...

Good start Brenda! Lovely Christmas card ... always love the traditional red and green! So nice you've been out and about enjoying time with friends and family. So smart to do that before winter is here. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful image of Santa and the scalloped edge makes me think of a Christmas postage stamp. Love the card ♥

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
such a very beautifulvintage image and sentiment used.
So glad you have been out and about with family it does one good to get out now and again.
I too am a homebody but love to get out now and again with family.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Greta said...

What a beautiful rub-on & card!