Saturday, October 28, 2023

Stenciling over Heat Embossing

This card took me a month to make for Group of Seven! I couldn't seem to get the background stamps I have and stencils that looked right with them to connect. I agonized over it for so long. You should see all the products I had out trying to get it right. I finally decided to go with a script background since that was working. I made several cards that ended up in the trash. After I put the Versamark ink on the stamp and stamped it I couldn't tell if the embossing powder was melted since it was hard to see white on white. Then I couldn't tell if the words were right side up! Inking over the embossing with the Picket Fence stencil was a piece of cake by then. I added a die cut deer from Poppy Stamps inked with a blending brush. The sentiment is Simon Says. I made this much harder than it was and now that I've made a card, I feel better.

This really wasn't hard at all. I think it was a combination of having bronchitis twice in a month and running around so much with little rest. The prednisone I'm taking keeps me up at night so I'm not sleeping much and am still tired. I only have a short time to take the remaining pills then I hope to be back to normal sleeping and crafting. 

Be sure to check out the great cards the group of seven made without screaming. They are all terrific.

When does hibernation start? I want to participate this year.



Be kind to one another.




15 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous scene, Brenda - just love the embossed text running through it!! Sorry you struggled but it was well worth it for this beauty!!

pam said...

What a beautiful card Brenda, after all your work! it is amazing, well done on not giving in.. gorgeous scene.
Hugs Pam
Hope your getting better, sorry to hear you`ve been poorly.

Carol L said...

For all the trouble it too to create this, it turned out just lovely! I'm so sorry you've been feeling unwell for so long. Hopefully soon you'll kick that crud to the curb and be happily creating again. Take good care! Hugs

Julia Aston said...

Oh Brenda - sorry you had so much trouble making this with a fuzzy head - I hope you are feeling better now - medications can do crazy things as well as lack of sleep! But this card is adorable! Such pretty trees and a lovely little deer prancing through! Glad you persevered with trying this technique! Julia xx

Bonnie said...

I love this tree stencil and it works beautifully with the script background, Brenda! When you don't feel good, everything seems harder. Hopefully this week will go much better. I had problems with the embossing too. That white on white is hard to see!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well this month, steroids can be tough medication to take ♥
Your card is adorable Brenda, beautiful shades of green. The script background is perfect for this technique xx

Loll said...

Your card is awesome, Brenda. LOVE that gorgeous trees stencil with the script ... and the reindeer add the perfect finishing touch. So sorry you haven't been well and hope that you are now feeling much better. Take care and get lots of rest, my friend. Love, Lolly

LesleyG said...

Love your beautiful and peaceful card using this technique. I am struggling also to think of how I can use what I have, but your determination has inspired me to try! Hope you’re feeling a bit better xxx

Donna W. said...

Your persistence paid off. This is a beautiful card. The process sounds complicated but you have carried it off really well. I like seeing the script through the trees. Great scene with the deer running through the forest.

HilaryJane said...

I am glad you persevered and got there in the end. Fabulous card xx

Darnell said...

I'm sure it was your health and sleepless nights that caused you to have so much trouble with this, Brenda. I admire how you persevered in spite of all your unsuccessful efforts because this is a really pretty Christmas card! Adding the deer was inspired! Please don't hibernate. I would miss you! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Sometimes we overthink new techniques..I have had that happen many times:-) I give you an A+ on your perseverance and beautiful finished Christmas card. LOVE how you added the die cut stag and heat embossed background. Wonderful choices for your beautiful Christmas card, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Trina P. said...

Oh Brenda… so sorry you were not feeling well. I can relate as creativity goes out the window. But your perseverance sure paid off and your card is beautiful. Hope you are better and getting some sleep now. Take care.

Susan said...

I hope you're feeling much better now, Brenda. Love the final result you achieved with our Group of Seven technique. Great choice of small script background stamping with those lovely Christmas trees. The die cut reindeer is a perfect finishing touch that adds lots of interest.

Greta said...

I would have given up, but so glad you perservered! This is just beautiful, Brenda!