Thursday, September 28, 2023

Dry Embossing with re-inker watercoloring

This month our Group of Seven Cardmakers  has a fun technique for us to try. The results are so pretty and good for any type of card. Instructions can be found on the blog with samples.

I chose to use Halloween embossing folders and colors for these cards. I randomly added re-inkers all over my cardstock with a damp paintbrush in what looked to me like where the pumpkins were on the embossing folder. I like how the colors over lapped and made them two shades. I used yellow, orange and green re-inkers on the first card. I used VersaFine Clair nocturne ink to go over both embossing folders. When the inks were dry I ran the panel through the embossing folder. I did not add embossing powder to either card and just let the colors show through.

The second card used pale yellow, light orange and darker orange re-inkers to make the spider web and added the color all over the panel. I did the same thing, let the colors dry, inked the embossing folder and ran the panel through the embossing folder. I added the spiders in black cardstock with a Martha Stewart punch from many years ago. Both embossing folders are Cuttlebug that I've had a long time.

I hope you try this and add your cards to the blog.

I bought some skinny jeans. Be aware they don't work.





Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Carol L said...

Oh these are fun cards with that great inking technique on embossing folders! I now have regrets for giving away my MS spider punch because they look perfect on that spider web! The word skinny has never been (and never will be) in my vocabulary, so I'll pass on the jeans LOL

Loll said...

Your Halloween cards are so fun, Brenda. I LOVE the cards you've made. Great work with this technique, my sweet friend! Love, Lolly

Julia Aston said...

Two wonderful Halloween cards Brenda - the pumpkin vine EF is so fun and perfect with your orange and green reinkers used! The orange/yellow combination on the wed EF really looks spooky against the black! Great job using this interesting technique! Julia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
Your cards are so brilliant and fab work onthat lovely technique that you all are useing.
I love the Halloween designs they are stunning.
Love the joke might try some skinny jeans lol.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours.
Jenny L.

jimlynn said...

Fun cards Brenda, and I love the technique too. Perfect cards for this time of year. I"m loving those cute pumpkins!! Great color combinations on both.
Lynn

Liz said...

Two super cards Brenda, I’m loving seeing all these cards using this technique. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Awesome Halloween cards Brenda, the spiders web really pops against the black and I love the mix of green and orange for the pumpkins. Hugs Christine
P.S. Love those jokes, keep them coming :)

nancy littrell said...

The September Group of Seven Technique was Perfect for your Halloween cards, Brenda! It is always fun to see all the Cardmakers versions using the monthly Techniques:-) TFS your colorful cards and your descriptions. Love and Hugs, My friend.

Bonnie said...

Two wonderful Halloween cards, my friend! I love how your colors blended on the pumpkins and spider web and see that I need some Versafine Clair ink! I LOVE your jokes and the Fall card you sent. Thank you.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Brenda, these two cards are so cool looking! I have these EF so I will have to go watch the video on how to do this. Very unique and cool look! Love the colors you chose for each card, it looks totally amazing! Hugs, Brenda