Friday, May 8, 2015





My heart goes out to all of those people who have been in the outbreak of tornadoes all across the country. That is something we have no control over and they do scare me. We have had them here in our state forever. My mom used to scare me when there was one coming. We had to run to the basement. Half of the basement was a tall wall where the coal was put in through a chute and it always was dark, dirty and smelly. I don't know if I was more afraid of the storm or the basement! But I worry no matter where the storms are for everyone.

Todays card is so far out of my comfort zone. I worked on it for several days. It was inspired by Laura Bassen of https://laurafadora. It really wasn't hard at all and I'm glad I tried it. After it was all finished, I stamped the happy birthday on the front and pushed too hard and it stamped double. That is why there is a banner on the front. This is for my granddaughter who loves all animals and I think she will like all the different ones. I used a Simon Says Tri Squares die and Lawn Fawn stamps from different sets. The happy birthday is Avery Elle and paper is SU. Be kind to one another.

I'm entering this into the challenge at

where the colors are orange, turquoise, white and black for their 4th birthday. Happy birthday to you!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable!! I love those little critters!! They're so cute!! What a fun card!! Tornadoes scare me, too. The only positive thing is that my craft room is in the basement so I can get a little extra crafting time in when the siren goes off...it takes my mind off the storm. Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Hello Brenda-What a fabby card! Love those gorgeous little faces peeping out :)
Hugs,Nessa xxxx

Sue - said...

Thank you so much for your caring comments Brenda. Love your card - so cute!

Liz said...

What a cute card! Love those little animals peeping out.

I can't image what it must be like to be have a tornado in your area. Sounds really scary. Stay safe. xx

Greta said...

So cute! I know she'll love it!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so cute.....I love it! Those animals are adorable and beautifully colored. Also, love the pop of orange behind them.

Brenda said...

I agree Brenda, we have no control over tornadoes, and they scare me too. We get them on a rare occasion but none ever close to us so far, thank God for small favors!! My heart aches for these people too, I can't even imagine losing a loved one or losing everything you own. It is just so heartbreaking. Your card is amazing and oh so cute Brenda! We would have never know that your stamped to hard and covered it over had you not told us. Great save though! I love how cute you colored your animals. You rocked this one my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Shelly said...

Oh, this is such a CUTE card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michelle said...

Adorable! I love the party animals peeking thru the windows! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!