Sunday, May 3, 2015

It has been a busy weekend and I'm getting behind.  Our meeting with the atty. went well. He is very knowledgeable and had a lot of ideas for us at each stage we will be needing. I am relieved to have an advocate to take care of these things. Our sons thought well of him too and I value their opinion because they are out in the business world talking to all kinds of people. I was so nervous going in and now feel so much better that I will be in good hands as we go through this. I took the bull by the horns and called the VA again. I am nothing if not persistent. They are going to send someone out to shower hubby several days a week. That helps not only to clean him up but saves an extra load of  my clothes being washed every day and while they are doing that, I can clean the other bathroom and it will all be done. You can also order sanitary products by the month for $9. That, too, is a blessing.  Any more time I can keep him home is wonderful for him. It is an up and down disease and we are learning to roll with it. It's like being at an amusement park but not having fun! Up and down but screaming.

This card today I am showing you is from a wonderful friend that you all know. She is Darnell of www.djkardkreations and she sent a card that cheered me up so much just when I needed it. I don't think people that don't make cards realize how much a card for no special reason lifts you up. You expect you will get cards from people on your birthday and Christmas and other holidays. But just to get one is such a blessing. Thank you Darnell. It was a hug in an envelope that made me cry. I love that we are all really blog "friends" and care about each other. I will never get to meet most of you in person but I feel like I "know" you. I pray for those that need help and think of them all the time. There is always room in your heart for new friends This card is truly stunning. The cardstock is the most beautiful color and the flowers are embossed and I think wink of stella to make them shine. The greeting is embossed in white and it is just beautiful. I am off to get something done today. We have wonderful sunshine and warm temps. and it is a lovely day. Be kind to one another.


8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card from Darnell!! She is amazing!! It's stunning and what a blessing to receive it!! I'm glad you were able to find an advocate to help you out...and that the VA is finally helping as well. I hope you enjoy the sunshine today!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Colleen said...

Beautiful card by Darnell, it is amazing what a little card or even a smile can do to lif tyou up! I am so happy to read that you were persistent and now are getting the help you need to keep your husband home for awhile more! Blessings and hugs from me to you! Happy day!

Mrs A. said...

I'm so glad you are at last getting some much needed help. What a beautiful card from Darnell. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

Such good news, Brenda! I'm clapping, which isn't easy to do while typing!! Seriously, I know what a relief it must be for you to have that meeting out of the way and have it go well! And go you, for trying the VA again and getting some action!! Now, I will pray that they follow through so you can keep Bill home longer! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing my card. Your beautiful words encourage all of us to not just make cards, but SEND them!! You take care! Love, Darnell

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love the colors. So glad to hear the good news.

MaryH said...

So glad to hear that you are getting things sort of in control for when the time comes, so you won't be so afraid of making hasty or unwise moves. I'm also very happy that you all are doing this as a family. That's much better than one person having to think of all that needs addressing, and it helps discussions too. Pleased also that you are going to get some home help which I know you sorely must need! How very kind of Darnell to send this gorgeous card to cheer you up. It's just lovely, and she's a sweetie. TFS it with us too. Yes, Blog Friends are sometimes better than "real life" friends... We have a wonderful group of people we interact with, don't we? And you're a great friend yourself, so easy to see why someone cares about you! TFS & Hugs. Happy Mom's Day.

Greta said...

I know what you mean about getting a card for no special reason & this is just gorgeous! Glad you're getting some help. Have a great weekend, Brenda!

Brenda said...

Oh wonderful Brenda, I am so glad that you were persistent and now they are sending someone out to help with hubby!!! I am also glad that you liked the atty. and feel relief that he will be able to help you out. It makes my heart sing just like it did when Dwayne was up and out the door to farm! Darnell is a sweetheart for sure, she sends me cards too and it is just like you said, a hug in an envelope!!! That's such a great way to put it Brenda! Hugs, Brenda