Saturday, May 30, 2015

I am bummed. I talked to the VA earlier in the week and she assured me we could have someone come in an shower hubby three days a week. I told her we didn't qualify but she said we could have the shower help and 30 days a year respite care. We got it all set up, the agency would call me within the week and she even took my order for depends and shields. Yesterday afternoon she called and said we didn't qualify. The dept. of Health and Services called her and said not to put the order through. I guess only some people have access to our financial information. They kept telling me we could have the above services regardless of financial need. I don't know what possessed me to think she was right.

I threw my back out last Thursday and went to Dr. Friday. I think it is from lifting hubby's legs up several times a day to get him dressed and undressed. He weights 218 so he is no light weight. I do feel somewhat better. I had to quit taking the flexeral. It was making me shake and feel anxious.

Yesterday was a bust. I signed up to take the Mask-erade class and I love it. I haven't been able to do any of the homework all week and after I saw the class yesterday I went to the store and got some freezer paper to make masks. Got home and fixed lunch and was ready to stamp. Our son called and needed us to come up there (they have their house on the market) and needed some help. When I got back I had several more things calling my name. Then it was dinner time. The day completely got away from me. This card today is a grad card that I will probably remake. I was trying to get caught up with cards but I'm not crazy about this. I only colored the footwear and the one green tassel. The green and white  are her school colors. There just hasn't been time to do much. May and June are always such busy months for us so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Be kind to one another.


11 comments:

Darnell said...

Oh, my dear, what a lousy trick to pull on you. You are naturally positive, so I'm not surprised you were hopeful that perhaps you would qualify. I know how much you were looking forward to that relief. And then to put your back out just sucks. I wish there was some way I could help, besides my prayers and the warm cyber hugs which are enclosed!

As for the card, I LOVE it! I think those different shoes are a riot and I love that you just colored them to make them be the star of the card along with just the one green tassel! Be proud of it!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

Thought your graduation card was really cute and wondered how you incorporated the mask-erade technique into it??? But maybe I misread.

Sorry to hear the problems you deal with.....no wonder your back went out on you. You sure could use some help with your husband that is for sure. Boy...nothing like dangling a piece of steak in front of you then quickly pull it away. I guess we can always hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but when there is still darkness..........kind of hard to digest. Just know that God understands and there is a remedy for you and your husband....it's coming but sometimes not in the way we think it is or should be. Hang in there.
Louise
http://www.cards4ubylouise.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I'm sorry about all the problems you are having to deal with. I hope your back is feeling better. What a disappointment that the VA won't help you out - that's not fair. Praying that things get better. Your card is fabulous!! I love the shoes!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue - said...

I just love your grad card!! That is so annoying to be told you can have help then be told its not going to happen. Do take care of your back - I know how painful and restricting it can be - but you don't want it to get any worse. Sending hugs to you!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

My goodness, nothing goes smooth, does it? Sorry you had to suffer a disappointment. Hope you get to feeling better. It's hard to do anything with a sore back. I know how you feel about not having time to craft. Since my mom has been in the nursing home, I have no life. I spend all my time running back and forth, but we all do what we have to. Love your pretty card. Hope things get better for you soon.

Brenda said...

Why is it that good people have to suffer so much and not have any help?! This just makes me so mad Brenda, because there is no reason why you guys don't qualify for this help!! What the heck to you have to do to qualify?! I will keep praying on this Brenda, and will pray for some help for you. I'm sorry that your back has been pulled out too, no it's not easy on a person's back to be lifting on another person. Try to be careful when lifting hubby's legs Brenda. I happen to love your grad card!! I think it is fun and so cute!! No do overs are necessary!! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your class, but I totally understand not having any time to do the homework. Hang in there Brenda. Hugs, Brenda

alexandra s.m. said...

I'm so sorry to hear Brenda.
Your card is beautiful!
Sending you good vibes...

Greta said...

Incredible you keep getting incompetent people to deal with--so, so sorry! I really like the grad card, Brenda--so fun & festive!

Colleen said...

Oh I think you are so very clever with this card, Brenda! Oh man, I am so sorry all this is happening, just when you think things will go smoothly you are thrown a curve! I know you will hang in there and persevere, try talking to someone else, there should be some way that your husband can qualify...a loop hole is what you need! My prayers are with you still, Brenda! Have faith and trust in His plan! Hugs!

MaryH said...

I quite like the way you've done this card! The partial coloring stands out wonderfully well. Gosh, I'm blown away that you were even able to get a card done, with all the upsets. Very bummed along with you, on the VA stuff. That is dreadful, and I can imagine you are stressed over this. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed, does it? I hope you can push this with your VA rep, and maybe get a better resolution, because he IS a vet, and you DO need some help! I signed up for the class finally, but haven't had time to even login yet. God bless and hope you get a bit of ease-up on this stuff - SOON! TFS & Hugs

Mrs A. said...

Brenda so sorry to hear your latest set back on getting some help. Lays makes my blood boil that everything has to be means tested. Those who scrimp and scrap to make a better life get penalised for being above th limits whilst those ho have no intention of ever working and saving get it lid on a plate. So unfair. Big big hugs to you. Mrs A.