Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers that celebrate today.

What a beautiful day we had here today. Sunny skies, one quick shower and that was it. And when I say quick it was like under 2 minutes of rain and done! Got up yesterday to several inches of water on the kitchen floor and under the sink cabinet. I think the dishwasher leaked but it must be the hose under the sink. The water wasn't in front of the dishwasher. I didn't have time to fool with it today so tomorrow I will start it and stop it and see if that is it.  Guess I will call a plumber.

My sister in law gave me this stamp set from SU called Definitely Decorative Daisy that is from 2000. I always loved it but never bought it. She was purging a lot of her things and gave it to me. This is the card I made to thank her. Be kind to one another.


8 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Brenda, this is a lovely sunny card, love the way you've layered it, it makes the orange and yellow really pop. Hope your dishwasher behaves itself and stops leaking :) Cathy x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.....don't you just love when friends purge their stamps and you inherit a few new ones.....makes for a nice card. Sorry to hear about your leaky dishwasher....hope it is nothing serious or expensive to fix.
Louise

MaryH said...

Happy Mom's Day. What a sweet SIL you have, and this is a wonderful gift. You certainly put it to great use with this beautiful & colorful summer card. Glad you had a good weather day, and hope the water problem gets solved. So very aggravating. Sounds like me with the washing machine, where the water overflowed and messed up our basement ceiling as it leaked through. Twice! Many of the ceiling tiles had to be replaced, insulation dried out, and I had stamp stuff (paper stacks) setting on the floor and some got ruined! No fun atall. Big hugs & TFS. Have a wonderful week.

Greta said...

What a beautiful stamp set used for a lovely card! Hope you had a great day, Brenda & that the leak turns out to be a simple fix!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the flowers and colors!! I hope your dishwasher leak is an easy fix. Mine had water in front of it this weekend and I haven't had a chance to figure it out either...I fear my problem is the age of the dishwasher. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Hello Brenda,What a happy card-love those sunshine colours-you made good use of the stamp :)
I hope you managed to get that leaky dishwasher sorted xx
Hugs,Nessa xxx

Colleen said...

What a gorgeous card, Brenda! Love your colors and placement of the flowers! It has so much movement in it! Hope you found the leak in your hose and all is well! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

Brenda said...

Gracious, I hope you don't have a huge problem with the dishwasher Brenda! I hate when things like this happen and it is always at a bad time. Your card is gorgeous Brenda!! I love the colors you used. I think it was so sweet of your SIL to give it to you, yay for you! I bet when she sees this card, she will be wishing she kept it. lol Hugs, Brenda