Tuesday, September 23, 2014

We are having Indian Summer here and it is beautiful today. We went to grandson's baseball game Sunday and sat out in a ferocious wind. The sun would go behind the clouds and it would really get cold with that wind. But today is wonderful.

This is medical and you can skip it and go down to the card portion.

 I took hubby to our regular GP on Friday for his regular checkup. Dr. said hubby is in beginning stage of Parkinson's. I wasn't surprised because I see how he is doing. He takes very small shuffling steps and is very slow walking. He is not very steady on his feet and I'm afraid he will fall. His hands have tremors and he rubs his finger and thumb together. That is called pilling. Dr. said he will send our neurologist a note and recommend Parkinson medicine for him. He thinks it will help with tremors and walking and perhaps even with his brain. We don't have an appointment with her until Nov. 12th. Otherwise everything else looks fine regarding his health. He has gained all his weight back and I'm having a hard time getting clothes to fit him. In winter he mostly wears sweatpants in the house because he is cold. I'm looking for long pants with an entire elastic waist. Don't want a button and zipper and they are hard to find. I can't find any in the stores so I'm going online.

Today's card is for my girlfriend Marilyn's sister. She was diagnosed last summer with Leukemia and was told they would watch her. The end of August she became extremely tired and went back to Dr. She has had one week of chemo and will be off three weeks. Then repeat that for five more weeks. I feel bad for Marilyn since she is in the process of moving to their new house. She will be taking her sister to chemo every day for the five weeks she goes. I'm sorry, this was medical too. I sent a card to Marilyn but forgot to take a picture of it. Be kind to one another.


5 comments:

Liz said...

Very pretty card. Perfect for a 'Thinking of You' card. x

Greta said...

We used to always say we knew when it was baseball season because it would be raining & freezing cold, even though it was gorgeous the week before--LOL! Glad you're having Indian Summer--my favorite! I love the card you made, Brenda! Gorgeous stamping & such a neat design! Hope the new med will help your hubby. Kind of upsetting the VA doctor didn't even figure this out, huh? Hugs, Greta

Cathy said...

Lovely card Brenda, hope all goes well for you and your family :) Cathy x

MaryH said...

Oh, dear, hated to read about your DH & your friend's sister. I think the Parkinson's meds are very effective with the tremors as we've a friend who uses them. It seems many of us at 'that age' where these things are more frequently happening. Your card is lovely. It looks like a very soft watercolor. TFS & hugs too.

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, I'm so sorry to read about your hubby and your friend's sister. Let's pray that the Parkinson's meds work well for hubby and that the chemo pills work well for your friend's sister. My FIL had the start of Parkinson's too and had what they called resting tremors in his hand/arm. So when he was resting is when the arm/hand would tremor but when he used it, it didn't. Very weird, but I think he was taking of meds hat worked pretty good. Your card is lovely and I'm sure it will perk up your friend's sister knowing that you are thinking of her. Hugs, Brenda