Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I made my son a birthday card that only has stamping inside. I am going to enter it in the Sunday challenge at http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/. I don't know if this is okay but I hope so. His birthday is early next month and I actually have finished it before I needed it.  I also made a card yesterday for http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2014/09/bi-weekly-sketch-challenge-20.html  based on http://www.djkardkreations.com/ sketch. This is a lot for me and I'm excited that I was able to do it. Be kind to one another.





7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I do like your second card very much. A trick of the eye I know but my first glance was of a row of zips!!. I think I need a strong drink. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue - said...

Two great cards! I see what Mrs A means about the zips!!

Anonymous said...

Like the second card, is that an SU stamp....at first glace I saw birthday candles but after a second glance I saw the zippers too. Is the first card a picture...yeah, that makes a great masculine card.
Louise

Greta said...

Always such a good feeling to get a card ready before you have to! I know your son will love this card, Brenda! Great way to use the Stamplorations sketch--love it!

Cathy said...

Great cards Brenda, love your take on the sketch challenge, Cathy x

MaryH said...

Love this bold argyle pattern paper behind this golfer. This is such a classic look for a masculine card, and fitting for your son's particular hobby. I'm especially loving #2 with the bold splashes of color & that wonderful leaf. Until I read your later post, I thought you had 'brushed' these streaks of color free hand. What a marvelous stamp, and I love the G45 paper. Well done on both of your great cards! Enjoy that patio. TFS & hugs

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, I am loving the golfing card! So masculine with a touch of vintage. lol I also love your second card. The bold splashes of color look amazing and I love that you stamped your sentiment on your fall leaf. Very cool cards! Hugs, Brenda