Monday, September 15, 2014

Just 24 hours ago I had to wear socks and put a blanket on the bed. Ack, is it that time. Our normal temp this time of year is 79 degrees. It was 47 degrees yesterday morning. That's just not right. I have recovered from Saturday with the family. We had the best time. It was great to have our oldest grandson home from school for the weekend and to see all the kids. When they are in school we don't get to see them during the week. Lots of food, fun and talk. After lunch the kids played a game called Hedbanz. You wear a headband and draw a card and put it in your headband. You can't see your own and you ask questions of the others to be able to guess who or what you are. They laughed and laughed.

We all played it the last time they were here. Everyone couldn't believe how good Molly looked. I don't notice how she looks everyday but she has lost weight. She goes today for her weigh in. She loves her prescription dog food. After she eats, she goes and stands by the bag and nudges it because she wants more. It is so funny to see. Our son and DIL both liked their cards. I cased our son's card from http://www.stampingwithjuliegearinger.blogspot.com/ She makes the most intricate cards that are just beautiful. Our son loves fishing so I thought this was great for him. Be kind to one another.


6 comments:

Cathy said...

Great masculine card Brenda, love the fish, , great design too. Sounds like you had lots of fun on the weekend, that game sounds like a hoot! Cathy x

Colleen said...

That game sounds like a lot of fun...I will have to look for it in the store, sounds like a fun time with the family! Great masculine card, I bet your son loved it! Let's hope this weather turns for you to have a great fall...you don't need to start this early in the season with cold and awful weather, not after all you went through last winter!! Hugs,

Brenda said...

I know Brenda, hasn't this weather been so weird this year?! We have gotten low in temps like you, heck the whole summer was very low temp wise. Looks like the kids are having a wonderful time, isn't it so fun having the family over and enjoying seeing the grandkids have such a wonderful time?!! I so love it. I also love, love this amazing card you made!!! It is so awesome Brenda, your stamping looks great and I love the glossy accents on the fish. Well done my friend. I know your son will love it as much as we do. Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

I am really liking this one. Love the gleam on that fish peaking through, and of course the seaside colors. Gorgeous shells and the fish net look of the top design works wonderfully with the wood graining. Like an old seaside cottage. Great job. TFS & Hugs

Darnell said...

Your card for your son is marvelous, Brenda! I can see why he loved it!! Did Ellen patent that headband game? She originated something like that on her show, I think. The funniest one that makes me belly laugh is when she makes a few audience members crawl around to music and she takes one stool away at a time. Gosh, that makes me laugh. Modern musical chairs. I'm glad you were all together and had such a fun time!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

What a happy family time--cute picture! Good for Molly--I may have to switch to her food--have you?! Can't figure out how I can walk 10 times/day since we got the puppy & not loose any weight! Great masculine card!