Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Today my grandson turns 20! The time has flown by. Isn't it funny how we remember all the details when our kids and grandkids were born. It is definitely a wonderful time. I forgot to take a picture of the card I made for him before I mailed it.  Duh!  Got hubby an appointment with VA doctor. I called yesterday and he goes next Wed. I was surprised because of the negative press the VA is getting about not seeing patients for such a long time. We are going to the clinic instead of the hospital so that is so much better.  Today's card is just a fast, easy card that can be for almost any occasion. Stamped and the flower is layers crumpled up and held with a brad. Be kind to one another.


4 comments:

MaryH said...

Love that fabulous flourish behind this pretty flower. Made a delicious looking card. So happy to hear that the VA visit is scheduled so soon, and prayers that all goes the way it should for DH & you. Big Hugs & TFS

Darnell said...

That's a cool crumpled text blossom, Brenda, and a fabulous flourish! it's me, your long-lost friend, Darnell! Two long weekends of wonderful grandparenting have put me miles behind. Happy 20th Birthday to your grandson! I know I can't believe mine are going to be ten, so I know when I turn around (if I'm lucky) I'll see them turning 20! It does go by too darn fast!

I'm glad to hear that progress is being made with getting your DH in to see a VA doctor. I think the shakedown has had to have a positive impact from the patient's side. And about darn time. I pray you have a meaningful appointment! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

One of my favorites, Brenda! I love flourishes & that flower is wonderful!

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, this card is beautiful!! I love that fabulous flourish and your flower is awesome and so pretty!!! I am happy to hear that the VA visit is scheduled so soon for hubby, my prayers will be with you both that all goes well. I can't believe you have a grandson that is 20!! You definitely don't look old enough to have a grandson that old. Gosh how time marches on doesn't it?!! Hugs Brenda