Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I hope everyone had a fun Labor Day with no labor. I really don't know where the time goes. I remember being worried, before I retired, about what I would do all day. Ack, what was I thinking? The days fly by and in our family we are busier from September 1st through the end of the year. We have three birthdays in Sept., three in Oct., one in Nov. and that's along with the holidays. So it has started already. There is a party for our daughter in law Friday and the following week the family is coming for dinner to celebrate the Sept. birthdays. I will have to make that dessert again that I made when our grandson came for lunch before he went back to college. Oh my gosh, talk about sinful. Let me tell you, you eat it and go straight to the emergency room for your heart attack. Layer ice cream sandwiches in a baking dish. I made it in an 8 x 8 the first time and it took a package of 12 sandwiches. If you do it in a 9 x 12 dish you would need a package of 24. I put 6 in the bottom. Then a layer of cool whip, sprinkle that with Heath sprinkles (you can buy a package by the chocolate chips in the grocery), then drizzle with carmel sauce. You can also drizzle fudge sauce as well. Then another layer of the same. Put in freezer until set. Make this at your own risk. I took Molly for her weigh in yesterday and she has lost another two pounds so she is doing well. I wish it was that easy for us. Maybe if I didn't eat the above dessert!!
My card for today is my first for the holidays. I still have three more birthday cards to do but I love this SU wreath stamp. You could make it for any occasion. SU's new blackberry bliss is a really pretty color. It's a deep, deep plumish color. Not something I would normally use, but it looks nice with fall colors. Be kind to one another.


9 comments:

Colleen said...

Lovely Fall wreath and card...! Love that you can change it up for the season! Have fun with all the birthday parties!

Unknown said...

That dessert sounds like a sweet lover's dream!

I enjoyed your fantastic fall card today :)

Have a fabulous and crafty day!
Amber
Staying Crafty
Stampin On Stuff

Cathy said...

Very pretty wreath brenda, love these warm colours. That dessert sounds delicious! I've put on weight just reading about it LOL, Cathy x

LeAnne said...

I love that you used this stamp to make a fall wreath, Brenda! Just lovely! And I have always wanted to try that ice cream sandwich dessert, sounds yummy!

Greta said...

I love wreaths & this is a beauty! Great stamping--love that deep plum color & your ribbon is perfect, Brenda! Great sentiment treatment, too. Hugs, Greta
PS--so when do you start eating Molly's food?--LOL! I'll stick with your dessert & let Fritz be the thin one in the family!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful

MaryH said...

I love wreaths anyway, and this one is so very pretty. Love it in the fall colors you've chosen, and hope you'll do it in the Christmas traditional colors too. Terrific card, and your dessert sounds scrumptious. Enjoy all the family holidays & birthdays. TFS

Darnell said...

Oh, that ribbon does go well with that beautiful wreath card, Brenda! I laughed right out loud about your dessert and your comment that you eat it and then just drive yourself straight to the ER!! You are funny! (But it IS prolly true!) Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, I know what you mean about being busier than ever! The days go by so fast and I swear you must have my calender in front of you because we have 2 birthdays in Aug, 2 in Sept, 2 in Oct, 2 in Nov, one in Dec and 4 in Jan. Whew! No wonder we are tried!!! lol You cracked me up about your dessert, but I know that it is really good as I've had it before and trust me I'm wide enough so I stay away from it now. lol I love, love your card and just ordered this stamp and die set myself! I think too that this will be a great one for all holidays and I just love that you started with Thanksgiving and fall. The blackberry bliss looks so great with your fall colors. Love it!! Hugs, Brenda