Thursday, November 29, 2018

No card

I've been doing house things this last week. The furnace company came to check my furnace and thermostat I'd like to say before winter got here but that ship has sailed. We've had wind, cold, ice  and snow already. I have some bearings going out in the inducer motor? I think that's what he said but otherwise it is working fine. Thinks a humidifier would help keep it warmer in here. Then our power and light company came and assessed how energy efficient this house is and it passed with flying colors. I had them out because I have to set the thermostat up to be warm in here and he said that was okay. I will get new weather stripping and caulking in the spring. The house is on a slab and I have concrete floors with carpet over them so they are really cold in winter. I am asking Santa for leg warmers and wool socks for Christmas.

My family was here for Thanksgiving on Sunday. Below is a picture of the mess I made in only an hour and  a half of cooking. That's the part I don't like about cooking, it requires dirtying up pots and pans. Where is the kitchen fairy when you need her? My cabinets are oak, I don't know why they look so dark.

My sister in law and I went to Nashville last Friday and the shops are all decorated for Christmas. I took the picture below of the huge polar bear they have in front of one of the shops. You can go and stand by him and have your picture taken and we were already past it when we realized that so we didn't go back.

This was a complete rambling of nothing with no cards. I will do better next time. You could have done without any of this. Sorry, I just felt out of touch!




Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm with you on wanting the kitchen fairy to show herself!! Cooking wouldn't be half as bad if she would just clean the mess!! That bear is too cute!! I will have to take a trip over there to see it!! Have a great evening, my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

I feel that way about cooking and baking. It’s fun to cook and bake but then comes the clean up. What did I do without a dishwasher? Good thing I was a lot younger then!:). Sounds like you had a fun trip to Nashville with your sis-in-law! What a cute polar bear! It’s so fun to look at all the wonderful decorating this time of year! Take care and have a great weekend!

Bonnie said...

I appreciate you keeping in touch. I almost feel like I've been for a visit :-)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I would love to have a kitchen fairy too. I like to bake but the clean up is not to my liking at all. That is a cute Polar Bear.

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed reading the post x Hope Santa brings you leg warmers and wool socks. Always good to keep in touch and yes I feel your pain about the washing up x Love and hugs x

cotnob said...

I totally agree with you about the cooking Brenda, it looks like you had plenty of dirty dishes - I hope you had some help.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

Glad no big house problems to deal with. Wish there was a way to cook without the mess, but haven't figured that out, yet--haha! No picture of the dogs this year?! Sure would have loved to be with you 2 going to Nashville. Was just thinking how fun it'd be if you could go with me to the craft fair at our fairgrounds. Probably won't go as no one here to go with me & it's just not fun alone. Thinking of you & wishing you happy holidays, Brenda!

Darnell said...

You can just log on and talk to us any ol time you want, my friend! I enjoyed the pictures, but think Molly might be a bit jealous that you posted a polar bear photo, but not a Molly photo. I'm not gonna tell her, but you know she does lay right there and when she looks up, she can see your monitor. Just saying. I know you get confused when she gives you the cold shoulder and you don't know what you've done wrong.

Glad to hear you are engerny efficient and it's only your inducer's bearings. My inducer bearings went out a long time ago and I'm still getting hot at night, so you'll prolly be okay for a while yet. Hope you got around to all your errands and appointments and had a great week! Lots of love and hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Some ramblings back. Your plate of dishes in the sink reminded of when our daughter came to stay(she was a pastry chef at a 4 star hotel at the time) and said She would do the entire cooking on the first night . Meal was excellent but when we opened the dinning room door to go into the kitchen oh my gosh every singke work surface plus the sink was piled up with used pots,plates and dishes as she was used to having a comi chef and a kitchen porter to clear up after her!!!
Whilst out shopping today we passed a house that had a large blown up elf in the front garden that was waving to the passers by. I waved back and we moved on. Then the Doc asked if the owners of the house had been looking out of the Windows and was that why I waved. No I said I was just waving to,the Elf. ,!! Hugs Mrs A.

Cathy said...

Never a dull moment hey Brenda! You are gearing up for the cold and we are heving a bit of a heat wave again, instead of leg warmers I need a bikini and a sarong, might traumatise anyone that saw me in it though lol!! Have a great week, Cathy x