Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thanks, thanks, thanks for all the cutting tips. I have to tell you my mouth dropped open when I watched the video from Lori Craig that Shaz posted.  Thank you, Shaz it is awesome.   I did know about the waxed paper and in the heat of the moment I completely forgot about it. I need to keep a roll in my craft room to remind me. The little brush in that video is the best little thing to clean out the die.  I finished another card with the same die and I am happy with it. We had to change our lunch to tomorrow so the pressure was off to finish it and maybe that helped. It went together with no problem. Also got the lens in my glasses put back in and I can see better. Here is the link for the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAINEM6rlI&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs&app=desktop. I am going to enter this card in Darnell's NBUS and also http://casology.blogspot.com/ because it is about NBUS this week. I hope this is okay for NBUS. I did use the die yesterday and finished this card last night. Be kind to one another.Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)  I found that Ellie's http://livelaughstamp.blogspot.com/2014/12/monday-morning-challenge-no-2.html is also about New. So I'm adding my card to her challenge too.




13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Simple and elegant . Love the colour. Love the die. Hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ahhhh Brenda it is just beautiful and so glad that the video helped a big congratulations on persevering.
Hugs,
Sha in Oz.xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful colour choice! You have made an intricate die look so perfectly CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous Brenda!!! Love the detail and fine lines of the die, GORGEOUS!! Thanks for joining us in the CASology NBUS challenge this week! So glad that you did!

Darnell said...

Of course, it's okay, Brenda! I'm so glad that the video from Shaz was helpful. I'm going to bookmark it. This card is breathtaking! I love that color!! Thank you so much for linking to the joint challenges over at CASology and at my NBUS Challenge #3!!

Have a great weekend now that you got your lens back and you can see!! Hopefully, I'll talk to you again before it happens, but in case time gets away from me, I want to wish you the best of luck with the resurgery. That isn't a word, but really, it should be because that's what it is!! Hugs, Darnell

OH Babs said...

Brenda this card is stunning. Thank you for giving the YouTube linkup.

Dena J said...

Elegance and simplicity... a gorgeous card!

Cathy said...

Beautiful CAS card Brenda, love how you've placed the die in the circle, stunning effect, Glad that you have your glasses at full capacity again too, I know I can hardly see without mine! :) Cathy x

Cathy said...

Just went and had a look at the video link. Wow! her dies come out perfectly! I think it was a good tip to move the cut piece around on the plate too as they do warp after a while. TFS, Cathy x

Brenda said...

Yay, glad the pressure was off and that you knew about the wax paper! I will have to have a go at watching the video after supper. Your card is just beautiful Brenda and I'm glad you linked it up with Darnell's NBUS challenge! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

I really love the look of this card, Brenda! Really gorgeous!

Ellibelle said...

This is so beautifully done Brenda! So happy you played along in my Monday Morning challenge!

papayoung said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.