Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Vellum

There are so many ways to use vellum and this month's Group of Seven Cardmakers are showing their cards using it. 

My first card uses a panel of vellum embossed with a Spellbinders embossing folder over a panel of three different greens of Distress Oxide Inks. The vellum softens the colors under it so I wish I had made them darker. I added a Simon Says die in green mirror cardstock.

Going back a long time, I used a metal stencil pumpkin from Lasting Impressions from 2000. Gosh I've been doing this a long time! This is done by putting the vellum over the stencil and following through the openings with a stylus. This makes the image raised on the other side of the vellum. That panel was added over orange cardstock. That is only two ways to use it by dry embossing and stenciling. I hope you will check out the other cards and ways of using it.

No one told me when you get a husband the ears are sold separately.











Be kind to one another.




8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs and use of vellum Brenda! The Metallic green sentiment is so pretty over the soft colors behind your embossed panel - and those stacked pumpkins are so cute! That's one of the techniques I didn't try - using a stylus to out line the stencil! Julia xx

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Brenda. Love the dry embossing of your pretty leafy ef over top of DI greens. So soft and pretty. The metallic sentiment really stands out wonderfully! Those pumpkins are so sweet!! I have a couple of metal stencils but have not used them this way. Another great way to emboss vellum! xx

Bonnie said...

I love the hint of color through the vellum with the contrast of the bright green sentiment! And those pumpkins are adorable! I love the shape and their expressions!

Christine Alexander said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda. I must say your pumpkin man stole my heart, he's adorable xx

nancy littrell said...

Such Fun Cards, Brenda:-) Your 1st card Brightened My Day and your 2d Card was so fun filled with eek....playful pumpkins:-) Wishing you a Happy Fall Season:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Carol L said...

Great use of vellum on both cards. Loving the leaves and metallic green sentiment and those pumpkins are adorable too!

Pat said...

Two beauties Brenda and the leaf embossing with the soft colour behind looks so pretty, and your pumpkins are just the cutest. I think way back I may have used a metal stencil to emboss onto vellum, and may well try that way again as I think I do still have one or two metal stencils...in fact I have some from Sweet Poppy..that's a thought. x

Maria said...

Two very lovely cards using vellum, Brenda! I remember having metal stencils, but didn't use them very often and I'm not sure I even have them anymore. But, now I wish that I did to try this technique! Take care, hugs!!