Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Update

Hi to all my sweet friends. I am having an OK day and want to tell you I have been in the hospital. My sodium dropped below acceptable levels and we couldn't seem to get it up and they wouldn't let me go home. They gave me the wrong medicine, didn't have a kidney doctor treating me and no one came to walk me around for exercise. My bed was alarmed for chance of fall so I couldn't even get up without someone being there. Of course, Daisy, my dog was here by herself with people coming in and out to let her out and feed her and put her back in her crate. She was in there all day and night by herself for several days. My son came down to get her and take her to his house to keep her until I got out. She escaped from him and was in a place she had never been before. She was alone in the 90 plus degree heat for five and a half days and had walked four miles before a man cutting his property found her curled up in the very back of his lot. any longer and she would have been gone. He had to force her to drink, then took her in his house and gave her more water. He took her to the Humane Society and they called my daughter in law and sent a picture. Everyone in their community was looking for her. I had gone to stay with my son and daughter in law when I got out of the hospital so we could go look for her. I truly never thought I'd see her again and the trauma on top of everything else was terrible. We are both home now and she is back in her routine after sleeping non stop for four straight days. I am starting to recover but so tired all the time. Due to a miscue with hospital meds I was taking three steroids and two antibiotics and my heart was hammering all the time and I couldn't even walk. Now that is straightened out and I hope to be back to myself soon. Making no cards with four family birthdays this month! Hardly any computer time either but I will join you all as soon as I can. 



Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Darnell said...

You and Daisy are stars for having gone through the trauma of those horrid days and survived! I am so thankful. Take a teasey now and keep healing. Maybe Daisy has the right idea of sleeping for four days straight! Come back on whenever you feel up to it. Hugs, Darnell

Maria said...

Oh, my, Brenda! So sorry to hear what you have been through! And, so very happy that you and Daisy are back home together! Sorry to hear about what Daisy went through, too! Lots of extra cuddles for her I'm sure. You take it easy and not to worry about your blog for now. Sending lots of warm hugs your way, take care!!

Bonnie said...

I'm so thankful that you and Daisy are on the road to recovery. Hoping you'll feel like making cards again soon.

Carol L said...

Thanks for the update and I'm so sorry to learn what both you and Daisy went through. Thank God for animal loving folks who sense when something is wrong and pitch in to help and Daisy was saved. I'm thankful too that you're OK after the mistakes made with your meds. You definitely have guardian angels watching over you and hopefully now you can just rest and gather your strength back again. Sending you sincere get well wishes and hugs too.

Susan said...

What a dreadful ordeal, Brenda! My heart was aching for you when Daisy was missing, and I'm so thankful she was found and is okay. Recover well, cuddle Daisy, and hope to see you on our Group of Seven zoom call. Lots of hugs to you both.

Glennis F said...

Sorry to hear that you have been through all this, I hope you will have a good recovery and Daisy too

Christine Alexander said...

Oh Brenda, I'm so glad you're out of hospital and everything is OK with you and Daisy. Take it easy and give your self time to recover. Hugs Christine ♥

LesleyG said...

Oh my goodness Brenda, what a nightmare of a time you’ve had. Such a terrible ordeal, in fact lots of ordeals on top of one another. I’m so glad you’re both safe, and get back to your normal selves soon. Take care xxx
P.s. we were feeding a neighbours dog while he was away recently, and she escaped. Luckily she was quickly found on the main road and returned. We then took her in until he returned. We were all shaken by it, so I can’t imagine how you felt, being so poorly too xxx

oldpunca said...

Dear Brenda, I'm so sorry to read about your health problems and about poor Daisy. I'm glad both of you are at home again. I wish you all the best.
Sending a lot of hugs and best wishes across the ocean.
Sonja

Liz said...

So sorry to read this, Brenda, what a terrible time you’ve had. Hope things are settling down now and you and Daisy will soon be fully recovered.
Take care
Liz xx

Loll said...

You and Daisy have been through such an ordeal, Brenda. Take your time to rest and get better. Spending time with Daisy and giving her lots of hugs will make her feel good too. I'm so happy everything has worked out and you are now recovering. Sending love and hugs, dear friend. Love, Loll

Trina P. said...

I had hyponatremia (low sodium) once, which resulted in a seizure. Not fun.
You and Daisy were put through the wringer and then some. So glad both of you are on your way to recovery. Take care.