Monday, August 5, 2024

Finally

I got busy and made a card. It took me three days but I got it done! After being idle so long my brain didn't want to create so I had to start simple. I smooshed three inks on a watercolor panel and embossed it with a Spellbinders die on day one. Day two found me using die cut feathers new from Paper Rose and day three I got the sentiment done. 

Then came getting to post. Since I still can't just upload from phone or camera that takes some doing. It's amazing what patience can do and I did manage. I'm using the inking for Darnell's I.D.E.A.S this Monday. I'm also playing at NBUS with Paper Rose feathers.

Marriage is grand. Divorce is one hundred grand.





Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Cathy said...

Glad you persevered Brenda :) Gorgeous feathers and the inking looks great behind them, love all the gorgeous texture too. Cathy x

Liz said...

Beautiful card Brenda, great background and I love the feathers.
Liz xx

Darnell said...

Welcome back, my friend! Your card design is super with the texture, inking, and beautiful lacy feathers! I like the label sediment, too. And the joke! I missed you and hope to see you more often now. I'm delighted that the I.D.E.A.S. sparked your, well, idea and I appreciate that you played with me this week📌 and also linked to NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful colour combo Brenda ♥

LesleyG said...

It was well worth the effort, not only for the recipient, but for us eager followers 😉, lovely card, the feathers look fab against the embossed inky background xxx🤗

Carol L said...

I'm glad you stuck with it to see it finished because it turned out so pretty with those feathers! It's a beautiful card, well done!

Donna W. said...

So pretty. Love all the different textures. Glad you found some time to craft this week.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Brenda. So happy you got one made ... you are on your way to getting back to "normal". :) Love the pretty smooshed colours in the background along with the lovely texture from the cover plate die. And your feathers are so pretty! Great work, my friend. xx

Bonnie said...

This is well worth the wait, Brenda! Love the smooshed colors with the embossing and those feathers are so pretty! Well done, my friend!

Trina P. said...

3 days was worth it! This is so pretty. Fabulous smooshed background and dimension.

Maria said...

Oh, so pretty, Brenda! Wonderful background with lovely smooshed color! Love all the texture and the pretty feathers, too!

Greta said...

It's not unusual for me to work on a card for 3 days. I've always been a slow cardmaker. I'm glad you stuck with it as you certainly ended up with a lovely card, my friend!