Sunday, July 28, 2024

Kaleidoscope

I haven't been away for the last few months. My computer has been having fits and still isn't fixed.  I have jerry rigged a way to download pictures from my phone in a very indirect way that only works sometimes. So, here we go.

This months Group of Seven Cardmakers are creating Kaleidoscope cards. The cards have the look that we used to see in a Kaleidoscope when we were kids. It's exciting to see how they come out. 

My first card used a pattern paper with white flowers. I was able to find a very old Hero Arts stamp that looked just like those flowers so I stamped it in Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder.  After cutting into half inch strips I added them to a card front. Then I stamped the same stamp with a matching color and added a sentiment.

My second card was made using a Simon Says background stamp and embossed it in gold embossing powder. Then I lightly water colored the background in a soft green and cut into strips. I glued half of the strips to the top and half to the bottom. I added a leaf stem die from Poppy Stamps cut from gold cardstock along with a greeting. 

I accidently drank invisible ink and now I'm at the hospital waiting to be seen. 






Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Ugh, - so sorry you are having problems with your computer Brenda - isn't it frustrating!! So glad you could get these lovely cards posted so we could see the creative ways you used this technique. So clever to gold emboss a similar flower over the DP and I love the look of your 2nd card with the gold embossed stems - so pretty! Julia xx

Darnell said...

I've missed you, Brenda! It's good to see you in Blogland and I love your results with the Kaleidoscope technique! How cool that you found a pp that is perfect with your stamp for the first and I love the schparkle of the gold-embossed panels on your second! I also love how you added the gold stem and hello.

I hope your technology works well enough so you can come back soon! (Funny joke ~ thank you!) Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Brenda. I'm loving seeing all these cards using the Kalidoscope Technique.
Hope you can get your computer problems sorted out soon.
Liz xx

LesleyG said...

So glad you managed to post your clever cards, despite your naughty computer! Hope it’s fixed soon. Technology is great when it works, but very frustrating otherwise. Take care xxx

Carol L said...

Computer issues frazzle me to the core, so I understand what you're trying to deal with, but good for you figuring out how to post these 2 cards! Each one is so pretty and well worth your time and effort to share them. I hope you're doing well these days and have a great week ahead too.

Bonnie said...

You got AWESOME results with this technique, Brenda! I love how the stamped flower matches the paper you used! The second card is so elegant! I love the soft watercoloring and how you split the strips and added the gold leaf! I hope you're seen soon, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

Two awesome cards, I love the idea of using patterned paper and your gold embossed image those dreamy soft colours are gorgeous. This was a fun technique xx

Maria said...

Sorry to hear that you continue with computer problems, Brenda. Your cards are very pretty and so interesting. I had to take a close look at them. I love the gold embossing, too! Well done with your cards and I laughed at the cute joke! Have a great week, hugs!!

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards using this fun technique, Brenda. Isn't it great when you find the perfect image??!! The flower on your first card does look like it's the same as the patterned paper. I love that you can add it to the paper for extra blooms as well as adding the one at the top of your card. So perfect! And your second card is gorgeous with the gold embossed image, softly watercoloured before cutting up and re-arranging the strips. The beautiful die-cut looks amazing and I love the split design. xx

pam said...

Hope you can get your computer problems sorted out soon.
2 beautiful cards x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two very stylish designs! Love both of these. Hugs x

Greta said...

Will have to check out the technique as I just love both your cards, Brenda! Glad you figured out a way to get some cards onto your computer.