Friday, June 28, 2024

Monochromatic

It's Group of Seven Cardmakers for June with Monochromatic as the theme. Our ladies have posted some great cards for you on the website and I hope you can stop in.

On the first card I stamped in dark brown ink using an Altenew stamp over a card panel. Then I cut the same image with the matching die and dark brown cardstock and added it over the panel. I embossed the Hello in white embossing powder over the same brown cardstock and cut it out with a Poppy Stamps die. The panel was added to a dark brown card base.

The second card used a Paper Rose die that I sponged over with two blue inks and added to a panel. I added a Mama Elephant scalloped frame sponged in the same two color of blues. The thanks die is a sizzix die and done in the same two inks, making it darker at the bottom.

Should I call you or should we resolve this in 200 texts?






Be kind to one another.




11 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful CAS cards Brenda, this monochromatic technique is so much fun ♥

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely clean designs Brenda - the die cut stem is so pretty with the stamped stems as background and the blue blossoms are lovely with their scalloped framing! Julia xx

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards Brenda, monochromatic cards are one of my favourite types of cards to make.
Liz xx

Donna W. said...

Beautiful cards. I love the monochromatic look. It has drama and elegance.

Carol L said...

Your monochromatic CAS cards are both beautiful, and I especially like that shaded sentiment on the 2nd card. wishing you a good weekend with lots of crafty fun time!

Bonnie said...

I think brown and white make such a classy monochromatic card, Brenda! I love it done with the stamped and die cut leaves! The blue has a much different and elegant look. Such a pretty shade of blue!

Loll said...

Two beautiful and elegant cards Brenda. LOVE the stamped leaves in brown with the die-cut leaves adding some depth and texture. A great card for that is perfect for so many occasions! The shades of blue are so delicate with your lovely flower and pretty scalloped edging. I love the ombre effect. xx

Darnell said...

Ha, call me! I don't think the younger folk know that thing in their hands is a phone. For that matter, would they ask, "What is a phone?" Computers and laptops will be unknown words to the youngest ones. Okay, well, now I'm just starting to sound like the old person I am!🙃 Your mono cards are both CASlicious, Brenda! I especially love how you added pizzazzerino to the border on your thank you card! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Both very pretty. Fabulous CAS designs.

Greta said...

I love monochromatic cards and yours are so lovely, Brenda! Great way to color the word thanks! And love today's joke!

Maria said...

Two beautiful monochromatic cards, Brenda! Pretty leaves and lovely flowers for your cards! Too funny about your joke. My one sis refuses to text, so we always call her. A lot of times it is better to call! Take care and have a great week, hugs!!