Sunday, January 28, 2024

Alcohol Inks with Gilding Flakes

I'm delighted to welcome everyone to the Group of Seven Cardmakers 2024.  January is always a cold, dreary month here and a great month to stay in and craft. A good way to start this year is with bright gilding flakes added to cards. I hope you'll visit all the ladies to see their shiny creations.

I love the design alcohol inks make and the blend of colors. My first card used blue and purple inks with gold gilding flakes added with glue. I had a hard time making them stick to the ink. I think I let it dry too much before applying the flakes. The glue worked just fine so I did that with both cards I made. I used the flower cluster from Simon Says Stamp and Sizzix Thanks dies cut with gold card stock.

The second card used yellow, orange and red inks with a Spellbinders Sealed Wildflowers die and the Hello is W plus 9 in silver card stock..

A fight at the local fish market. Battered fish everywhere.







Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, such pretty cards, Brenda! Love the color that you achieved with the alcohol inks! And, all the gold with the die cuts and gilded flakes is so beautiful! Yes, it's a great day to stay inside to craft!:-) Have a great week, hugs!!

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
these are gorgeous and so colourful.
Both designs look amazing and so wonderfully created.
Looking forward to seeing what comes next with your group of crafty friends.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Christine Alexander said...

wow Brenda two gorgeous cards, such beautiful colour combos and the touch of sparkle with the gilding flakes is stunning. This was a great technique even though it had it's challenges :)

Carol L said...

Wow! The background colors are gorgeous on each of these fabulous cards! I've never tried the gilding flakes but they sure do make an impressive sparkly card! Beautiful work here!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful CAS cards using this technique, Brenda! Love the alcohol ink colors you chose and the die cuts! Stunning cards, my friend!

Darnell said...

I was oohing and aahing over your gorgeous colors and the dies you used, Brenda, and then that turned to haha-ing when I read the last line! That's a good one! But, seriously, these are sensational makes! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Two amazing cards Brenda. LOVE the AI colours you've used on both. So pretty, especially with the shine of the gilding flakes. Your gold die-cuts are the perfect finish, sweet friend! xx

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful backgrounds you created with your AI's Brenda! I love both mixes of colors and the gold die cuts look lovely over them accenting the bits of gilding flakes on each! Julia xx (PS, I love the fun jokes on your posts!)

nancy littrell said...

OMG...I LOVE both your cards and your beautiful choice of Alcohol Inks colors for your pretty backgrounds. Your Gilding Flakes really added beautiful shine to your backgrounds. A wonderful way to brighten a dark, cold day:-) I loved your choices of die cuts too. TFS both your beauties, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

LesleyG said...

The colours you chose work really well, and I love your cards, I think the flakes work better with the glue xxx

Liz said...

Two wonderful cards Brenda, I especially love the colour combination on the first one.
Liz xx

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a fun pair of cards, love the blue and purple together with the die cut flowers. Stay warm, if I could I would send you some of our heat, we are expecting 40C (104F) this weekend. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Greta said...

Such beautiful cards, Brenda! I've added foil to AI, but never gilding flakes. I did find it tricky to know exactly when to add the foil, so good to know I could just use glue.

Mrs A. said...

You have made two beautiful backgrounds with the alcohol inks. Loving the pretty colour combination on the second card. That seems a fishy tail to me! hugs Mrs a.