Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Weather gone wild

My hope today is that everyone experiencing all this wind, rain, snow and ice are staying in and staying safe. I tuned in to the weather channel to check our weather and saw all the terrible weather all across the country. We only have rain and a teeny bit of snow, along with wind yesterday. It's great crafting weather as long as you have heat and lights. 

I am using a new Altenew embossing folder I purchased last year called Decorative Florals. Oh my gosh, I am in love with it. It is so versatile. I made a sympathy card with it for a friend who just lost her son. Such a simple card but I love how it turned out. I used gray cardstock and embossed it with the new e/f. Then I just swiped over the raised part with white pigment ink to bring out the design. I added the sentiment on the gray cardstock and went around the edges with the white ink, then punched it out with an oval punch from SU . I left a small border on the sides to tie in with the white ink.

I want to link this to NBUS as this is the first outing for this embossing folder.

Eat more donuts. It's the original "hole" food.




Be kind to one another.




13 comments:

Carol L said...

This is just beautiful with the white ink on the gray embossed panel. That little pop of white on the sides is perfect to balance everything too. I think I'm switching to hole foods now, it sounds much more appetizing :)

Viv said...

Can see why you love this folder Brenda, it's beautiful! Lovely card, stay safe and warm. x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Brenda. I can see why you love this embossing folder, it's gorgeous and looks great with the white ink over the top to highlight the pattern.
Weather here is crazy. After battling against the wind and rain the last few weeks, yesterday and today we had clear blue skies, although it is still bitterly cold. We had a sprinkling of snow a few days ago overnight, but it was gone by the morning. xx

Mrs A. said...

Oh my gosh this is just stunning. Would never think to use grey cardstock and then white ink. Brilliant concept. hugs mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

Such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Simply elegant ♥
Stay warm in all this horrid weather xx

Susan said...

Brenda, that turned out beautifully. Lovely colour of cs that gives just enough contrast with the white ink. A perfect serene and simple sympathy card.

Loll said...

Beautiful card for your friend, Brenda. So sad to lose a child at any age. Your embossing folder is so beautiful, and using the gray card with white to highlight the design is just perfect for a sympathy card. We had high winds on Tuesday and then LOTS of rain. Tomorrow we are expecting a little snow and very low temperatures. I'll be staying in - that's for sure. Hoping to spend the time making cards. :) xx

Kate said...

What a beautiful embossing folder and what a wonderful design Brenda - so elegant with just the touch of white on the raised areas! Love it! Hugs, Kate!

Trina P. said...

Oh man, sorry for your friend’s loss. This is absolutely beautiful and perfect for a sympathy card.

Greta said...

Perfectly gorgeous for such a sad occasion. We're as ready as we can be for the predicted ice & snow. Hopefully it isn't much & our electricity stays on!

Bonnie said...

WOW! What a pretty embossing folder and so classy in the gray and white! Perfect for a sympathy card!

Darnell said...

You are such an expert with embossing folders and making them shine, Brenda! This is beautiful and I love the gray w/ white. It will bring your friend comfort. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS and eat donuts! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Petrella said...

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. This sympathy card is absolutely beautiful. I definitely want to give this technique a try. Thank you for the inspiration :)