Sunday, February 4, 2024

A frustrating week

You know, I am a simple person who stays home most days, reads, watches TV and makes cards. How I get into weird things is beyond me, but I do. I ordered a product from Amazon that came in a Turkish language. I don't read or write Turkish so I couldn't read the instructions. I called the company it came from and they said it was not a North American product. I called Amazon and said this was not the right product so they sent a replacement. It was exactly the same as the first one! Sending both back. Then my cell phone died and I spent hours getting a new one and everything transferred. Came home and pictures wouldn't load into my computer. See what I mean. Everyday normal things that go awry through no fault of my own but cause such frustration to get resolved. Now I can load pictures from my phone but not from my camera. Duh.

So, I have made one Valentine and it is Feb. 4th. This card was embossed with a Spellbinders folder on the panel and white heart. I added the heart to a red doily and of course it is crooked. Crooked is my signature look I've decided. With any luck at all I should be able to mail Valentines at least right before Easter.

I got drunk last night and did my own taxes. I'm so pleased, I'm getting four million dollars back this year!




Be kind to one another.




11 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hahahahahaha always love your one-liners, always a good laugh!!! Yeah, the older we get the more things get harder, harder to jump through hoops cause the hoops are getting smaller and smaller that even a younger person cannot jump through let alone us older people!!! Nice card, I will get my Valentine cards up after I comment here, hope you stop by for a look, give me an hour, have to transfer the pictures from my camera to the computer, I can still do that, have not figured out how to transfer from the phone to the computer, you're doing better in that neighborhood, have a great day!!!

Liz said...

Sounds like you had one problem after another, Brenda! Hope tomorrow is a stress free day for you. Great Valentine card, the red heart is so pretty.
Liz xx

Christine Alexander said...

technology can be so frustrating ♥
pretty valentine card, love the embossed background and that pretty heart xx

Susan said...

I know exactly what you mean, Brenda, about the frustration you experience when things go wrong - especially with technology - it drives me crazy. So a good idea to make a Valentine. Love the embossed background and a very pretty lacy red heart.

LesleyG said...

It’s so frustrating isn’t it, I too like a quiet life, but it rarely happens! I love your card, doesn’t look wonky to me, but shows it’s hand made, even if it is. Have a good day xxx

Carol L said...

mamma said there'd be days like this, so all we can do is plow through them. I love how you added the embossing behind the heart and matched it on top of the heart too. It's a great valentine! BTW, if you have time, I'd love to have you help me with my taxes! LOL

Bonnie said...

LOL, I want you to do our taxes! And crooked is a common look in handmade, at least around here. We say that's how you can tell our cards from Hallmark! The red doily separates the white heart from the background beautifully!

Darnell said...

Will you do my taxes, dear?! (I'll bet everyone has said that!) I think you must have been drinking when you looked at your pretty Valentine and decided it was crooked. Either that, or I've been drinking, because it looks fine to me! As for frustrations, what can I say ... let's refer back to the talk of drinking!! Hugs, Darnell

Jenny L said...

Hi Brenda,
yes these things are sent to try our patience aren't they.
Hope all gets sorted soon.
Beautiful Valentines card and that heart is gorgeous.
Such a very wonderful embossing folder used too.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.
PS A great joke too made me chuckle.

Loll said...

I'm so happy you didn't let all the frustration go to waste. You took that energy and turned into a beautiful Valentine's Day card. Way to go, sweet friend!! It doesn't look crooked to me ... maybe I've been spending too much time drinking with Darnell. :) xx

Greta said...

Oh no! The same would happen if it was me. I hate getting a new phone or computer and put it off as long as possible, so I totally sympathize with what you've been through. And the taxes joke made me laugh out loud! If only! Your Valentine is beautiful and doesn't look crooked to me!