Sunday, December 17, 2023

Christmas cards

Hello to my sweet friends,

I have hit a bump in the road with my breathing. I now have to wear my oxygen 24/7. Before, I only had to wear it if I went out. I woke up one day several weeks ago and suddenly needed it all the time. That threw me for a loop since I thought it would be a very gradual thing and I would realize I was getting worse. It completely paralyzed  me and for two and a half weeks I did nothing. That was when I was planning to start my Christmas cards, late as always! So now they may be real late and they are very simple. Pattern paper and a die cut or stamped greeting. I am so sorry. I have come to terms with it and now moving on with life. I just wanted to tell you where I've been.

Here is a card made with pattern paper and a die cut tree.

I have my first date lined up for January. I mean it's a court date, but still it's a date and I am dressing up for it.




Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Brenda. It's good to hear that you are adjusting to the changes in your health and moving forward. You are so strong, sweet friend. I wish I could give you a hug in person, but I'm sending one virtually to you ~~~. This card is so pretty. The paper is gorgeous and the silver tree is the perfect addition. Sending love and more hugs to you. Love, Lolly

LesleyG said...

I love your simply sweet card with the shiny tree, and truly admire you, because that experience must have been so difficult. Thanks for sharing, as you give us all the strength to carry on when things get tough, and make us laugh too! Sending lots of love, Lesley xxx

Carol L said...

Your card is just beautiful with those shadow trees in the background and that pretty gold one front and center. I know your setback had to have been frightening for you, but I admire your strength in accepting the change and moving forward with it. Sending heartfelt hugs your way for a better day!

Maria said...

Sorry to hear that you struggled with your breathing, Brenda. Wearing it 24/7 I'm sure is important help you to feel better. Don't you worry a bit about your cards being late for your health is more important. Your card is very pretty! Love the soft shades of trees in the background and the beautiful silver tree die cut! You take it easy and sending big warm hugs to you!!!

oldpunca said...

O Brenda, I'm so sorry to hear about your breath problems. But it is good to know, that you took it as it comes. It is great that you can make cards. I like your card. The patterned paper is great and the tree and the sentiment makes it festive.
Take care, my friend. I'm thinking of you!
Hugs, Sonja

Greta said...

Bummer about the oxygen, but happy you've been able to come to terms with it. That doesn't define you & you can now live your life again. This is a beautiful Christmas card, my friend! Just the kind I love!

Christine Alexander said...

Take things a day at a time ♥
Your card is beautiful and a great way to use DP xx

Bonnie said...

When you have beautiful paper like this and a great tree die, it's all you need to create a stunning card! I'm thankful for oxygen, my friend. The alternative would be heartbreaking. Mwah!

Trina P. said...

We buy beautiful papers, so why not use them! You did and your card is gorgeous!
Glad you have adjusted. Wishing you a merry Christmas and good health in the days ahead. Take care!

Susan said...

Love the subtle patterned paper you used, Brenda - perfect with the simple die cut tree and sentiment!