Thursday, December 21, 2023

Getting caught up

I am working hard to get caught up with posting and commenting along with catching up with everything else I let go. Clean underwear is a big thing so laundry comes first! Priorities, you know. My cards did turn out to be simple but I'm okay with that since I am thinking of the friends I send them to and that's what counts.

This is pattern paper is from Basic Grey, a die cut frame from Penny Black and a rub-on from 49 and Market. I will say this has helped me use a lot of the pattern paper I have that I've had for a long time (as you can tell from using Basic Grey). There are so many ways to make beautiful backgrounds now that I quit using pattern paper and it's time to bring it back.

I am a person who wants to do a lot of things in a body that doesn't.






Be kind to one another.




9 comments:

Liz said...

I'm playing catch up too Brenda, just not enough hours in the day.
Your card is beautiful, I love how you've framed the gorgeous poinsettia. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful framed poinsettia, don't over do it we all understand it's been a rough few weeks. yes you are right clean undies come first :)

Susan said...

Love that frame die you used - it adds so much to the rub-on. And you chose beautiful patterned paper for the background. Take it easy - no-one minds if they get cards after Christmas as it just extends the season!

LesleyG said...

So nice to use the beautiful papers we have, it goes perfectly with the frame and rub on, you did make me smile with the underwear, and totally relate to the smile quote xxx

Carol L said...

I am impressed that you brought out that beautiful Basic Grey paper! I think anyone who ever had any hoarded it because it was so beautiful. The framed poinsettia looks stunning with the darker paper and I'm certainly glad that you have your priorities in order too! LOL Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season filled with love and joy.

Donna W. said...

Brenda, That card is gorgeous. I like that frame die cut. Your poinsettia image is so bright and pretty, Hope you have a restful and Merry Christmas.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful poinsettia and works beautifully with this frame and the patterned paper! My body doesn't want to keep up with my brain. I think they go in different directions.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful! Brilliant idea to use that fabulous frame.
Your quote is so true. Take it easy and don’t overdo it.

Greta said...

I'm catching up, again, too! You bought beautiful papers that make for gorgeous cards! I need to pick out the ones I have that would work. LOVE this card, Brenda!