Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Warming up

We have 40 degrees today - that's above not below freezing. We were able to have Christmas with our family after all. We weren't going to with wind chills of -37 and such strong winds but by Saturday night we could go out. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too. I have to tell you things are much better. I washed a load of clothes yesterday that didn't include any vegetables so I am making progress. I missed posting on Christmas Day altogether. I got up and started cooking, got ready and loaded the car and headed to my son and daughter in laws for the day. I was pooped when I got home, took a nap, watched football and went to bed.

This is a card made using an old wood mounted stamp from Hero Arts. I embossed the tree and sentiment in gold and added a Lawn Fawn star in gold mirror cardstock. I made one in red and one in green.

I'm sorry I'm so cranky lately. I'm in my terrible 70's right now.




Be kind to one another.




9 comments:

LesleyG said...

I’m so glad you could spend the day with family, and more glad the weather has improved. A very elegant card xxx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. Glad you had fun with the family. We escaped that bitter cold by flying off to Houston to visit our daughter. It was 75 here yesterday. Don’t want to come home

Bonnie said...

This embossed golden tree is gorgeous, Brenda! I'm glad it warmed up so you could get together with your family. Being together is the best gift of Christmas.

pam said...

Looks stunning Brenda!.
Wishing you A Happy New Year 2023
Pam x

Loll said...

So happy the weather improved enough for you to spend time with your family. LOVE this gorgeous tree card, Brenda. The colour of your card base is so pretty and the gold shines. xx

Carol L said...

You are a brave soul to venture out in such bitter cold weather but I'm happy that you got to spend Christmas with loved ones! This is a true beauty and those older wooden stamps are still amazing to use! Love the gold on the green! Take care, and have a great New Year celebration with good fortune in the coming year!

Maria said...

I’m happy to hear that you were able to have Christmas with family! What a storm, huh?! In the next town to the east of us they had blizzard conditions with the terrible wind and, of course, the cold. My son’s friend was supposed to join us for Christmas dinner, but due to the weather he decided not to come. And, now today, the temp is nearly 60, so crazy! Your embossed tree is so pretty! I love all the elegant shine! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!!

Greta said...

Perfect CAS, perfect elegance, perfect card! So glad you were able to have your holiday gathering!

Darnell said...

Haha, you are not cranky! And you certainly are creative! I love this beautiful scribbled tree stamp. It looks amazing gold-embossed against the colored card base! You are giving me ideas for next year's batch-making...hmmm. Hugs, Darnell