Sunday, December 4, 2022

Letterpress card

In our recent zoom we did a Letterpress technique that was new to me. I got a pretty good impression but I didn't add a die cut to it. I glued several snowflake die cuts (a beautiful die from a sweet friend) together and inked the bottom one. Then using a rubber mat, I ran it through the die cutting machine ink side down. I used the die cuts to make another card. Both are matted on some snowflake paper I had in my stash. 

This is bad - get ready. 

I found a recipe from Morocco for dinner rolls. It called for fresh thyme but mine was expired. I used it anyway.  As I reminisce, I realize I really like that old thyme Moroccan roll.








Be kind to one another.




12 comments:

Donna W. said...

Beautiful. And you got 2 cards at the same time!

Darnell said...

That would be a good dad joke! Your result from the letterpress Zoom is fantastic, Brenda! I didn't get great results, but you inspire me to try it again with an outline die. The detail is remarkable and I love it on that pretty paper - good job using it! And good job getting a twofer done! Hugs, Darnell

oldpunca said...

You've created two beautiful cards, Brenda. I like letterpress technique. Thank you to remine me to.
Sonja

jimlynn said...

Cute joke!
Love these beautiful cards. So interesting how you used the dies to do a letterpress.
Lynn

Bonnie said...

What awesome results with this technique, Brenda! Love the color left behind and the die cut snowflake made an awesome second card!

Loll said...

Beautiful cards using the snowflake die, Brenda. I LOVE the colour of your snowflake patterened paper. Great combo. xx

LesleyG said...

๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ so funny. Cool technique and cool cards too xxx

Carol L said...

Both cards are quite lovely with the big snowflake and soft blue colors! I don't know where you get them, but the little quote for today really had me grinning - thanks! I needed that :)

Brenda said...

Love these two cards Brenda! Especially the letter press one. I love to watch Chrissy, she does amazing cas cards and she is funny in a dry way. lol OMGoodness, the joke was so funny....I had a great chuckle off this one! Hugs, Brenda

Maria said...

Your snowflakes cards are so lovely, Brenda! How fun to learn a new technique with wonderful finish! Lol at your joke, so cute!

Trina P. said...

Wow I’m “impressed” with your results! It looks amazing. Love the colour and that paper is beautiful.
Thanks for the giggle.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--I have got to try letterpess! Absolutely love your results, Brenda!