Wednesday, June 15, 2022

I pounced!

The dangerous heat wave that has been taking over the country is now here and I'm staying inside. I was inspired by Darnell and a video by  Marion Emberson that uses embossing powder and pouncing with your heat tool. I stamped the edges of the card base with a script stamp from Penny Black then added a panel of vellum over it. I didn't have chipboard that they both recommended so I die cut two hearts and glued them together and it worked just fine. I used red WOW embossing powder, then sprinkled on some Ranger white e/p with my fingers. When it was melting, I pounced the heat tool over it in places. I added it to the vellum after it cooled, then stamped the greeting. What a fun idea.

For all the ladies waiting for their prince on a white horse to come riding up - don't give up. With the rising gas prices that can still happen.




Be kind to one another.




11 comments:

Carol L said...

This is a great card Brenda! It's very clever of you to glue 2 hearts together to replace the chipboard! Nicely done! I'd be inclined to give up on the white horse too in all honesty! It's more like a skateboard is on the next horizon LOL

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Brenda, love your mix of red and white ♥

cotnob said...

A super card Brenda, a great technique.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your heart is beautiful! I guess I will have to check out that technique! I love your card.

Bonnie said...

What a pretty heart, Brenda! This technique looks intriguing but I think I'll wait until it cools off to try it! I'll keep my eye out for a white horse....

Brenda said...

I am glad you are staying out of the heat Brenda. We've only just had a few days of heat here and there, so very blessed in my neck of the woods. I just watched this too after visiting over at Darnell's blog, such a cool technique and I hope I have some embossing powders that will work to do this. I love how your card came out Brenda! Your heart is gorgeous, love the scripty background and the sentiment. A job well done, this technique really looks fun to do! The joke is perfect with the rising costs of gas, gave me a chuckle! Hugs, Brenda

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Keep on pouncing, that technique looks really pretty. I shall have to check out youtube, see if it is there. Been doing a few cards lately, just using what I have and nothing new. Gas prices are ridiculous. Can't go far on 1/4 tank of gas.

Darnell said...

I love your results, Brenda, and the combination of the red with the sprinkled white! I also love the vellum overlay and the text background; a great design in every way! (Here in our little Bay Area cowboy town, we still have folks riding horses, especially during rodeo week. Now that you mention it, I have noticed a lot more white horses!) Hugs, Darnell

Maria said...

Oh, wow! What a great technique with fabulous results! The heart is super lovely for your beautiful card! Love the joke, too, lol! My sister sent me an Amish buggy and told me that we need to go the Amish ways, lol! Take care and stay cool, hugs!!

Loll said...

Your pounced heart is beautiful!! Love it with the text. Great work with this fun technique, Brenda! Loved visiting with you today. Love you, Lolly

Greta said...

Oh what a funny joke! Your pounced heart came out great & love how you made it into a card!