Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Halloween Week

This is always a fun week for TV getting to see everyone dressed up in costumes. Sometimes they have the little ones on dressed up in such cute things and I love seeing them. It is so hard to believe this month is almost over.

This was a quick card to make. I'm learning to use pattern paper to make quick cards and start using up the paper. It's embarrassing how much 6 x 6 paper I have and I hate to cut it up. I made myself a resolution I wouldn't buy one more pack until I really make a dent in what I have. Of course, that was a resolution for 2020 and this year is almost over! Ha. So this is a teeny little dent! It is paper from a Recollections pack I got at Michael's last year. I like that the sentiment is already on it. The only thing I did was stamp the crow and bat and add the Gothic Gate die cut in black c/s from Poppy Stamps. Easy Peasy.




Be kind to one another.




10 comments:

Donna W. said...

Fun card. Love that the sentiment was already there. I hear you on using up the patterned paper. That is my resolution every year. With the quarantine months, I was able to use up quite a bit of my scraps.

Maria said...

Oh, wow! What a spooky beautiful card! Love the design paper and how it already had the sentiment on it! I have tons of design paper. I need to make more of an effort to use it. So little time and lots of supplies, lol! Take care, hugs!!

Greta said...

Now that is neat to have the sentiment as part of the paper design! Great spooky card, Brenda!

Brenda said...

I too, loving seeing all the costumes and such. Trick or Treating is going on here, but being out in the country, we don't get trick or treaters. I so missed that part, but love my rural living. You certainly have learned to use your pattern/scene papers well Brenda! I so love this card. I really thought the gate was part of the paper until I read that you added that as well as the crow and bat! Well done and don't you love that you used up some paper and made a quick and easy card?! Hugs, Brenda

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Brenda, super papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I live the spooky scene you made. Perfect for Halloween.

Carol L said...

It may have been easy peasy, but it turned out fabulous! I too have put a hold on buying paper and I've not bought any this year but I did sneak a few dies in here and there :) When I came to realize I wouldn't live long enough to use my stash of paper, I stopped buying! LOL

Bonnie said...

Awesome gate and spooky scene with the crow and bat! What a great paper pack you found. A perfectly spooky Halloween card, my friend!

Darnell said...

That paper is amazing for Halloween! Your add-ons made the spookiness complete, Brenda! I'm getting chills just looking at it! Well done using even a tiny bit of your pp this year ... you have to start sometime and now you're on a roll, right? Right?! Miss you! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

You embellished that pattern paper perfectly! Great eye to buy that paper in the first place. Fab card.