Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, my wonderful friends. I am so thankful that I started stamping, started a blog and met all of you. And to all those who may just read occasionally, please take a minute and say hello so I can get to know you too.

This is a card I tried with the technique from Jay Soriano on the https://casmixup.blogspot.com/. the re-inker just wiped right off so I used the gold mirror c/s to make another card instead. The acorn is Tim Holtz and the sentiment is gold embossed My Favorite Things.  Cassie Kitty wanted that acorn!

Have a wonderful day with your loved ones and friends. So far the ham didn't fit in the crockpot for the recipe I am going to use and the first thing I did was fill Molly's bowl with food and drop it on the floor. All those little brown nuggets went everywhere. The tea is made and one of the pies is in the oven. Yesterday the wind tore siding off my house so I need to get in the shower now because a guy is coming to see if he can repair it before the rain comes tomorrow!

So love to all of you and see you tomorrow.





Be kind to one another.




15 comments:

oldpunca said...

This is really fabulous card in warm colors. I like the motif and perfect embossing.
Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
Sonja

Donna W. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Brenda. Beautiful fall card. Love all the gold you've added. i just now figured out I have to use Google Chrome to be able to comment on your blog.

pam said...

Happy Thanksgiving Brenda, beautiful card you created.
Pam x

Christine Alexander said...

Happy thanks giving Brenda, I love your sweet little acorn :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a wonderful card and I hope all your issues turned out well for your celebration. Some our guests came early but we don’t know if the rest will make it. Depends on the weather.

Mrs A. said...

You do have rather a lot going on right now. Enjoy your ham . I wouldn’t be without my crock pot. In fact I have two. A small one just the right size for making stews and a large onefor joints of meat and chicken.
Love this card with the beautiful neat embossing.
Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

This shiny gold background is so pretty with the acorn, Brenda! Maybe Cassie is just intrigued with her gold reflection? Sorry you lost siding in the storm and hope they got it fixed before the next storm hits! Hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Carol L said...

In spite of all the mishaps at your house, the card certainly turned out gorgeous! Loving the sparkly metal look! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful anyway ;)

Nstiz said...

These colors are just gorgeous framing your lovely artwork! Love that you added a bit of gold to the framing. Beautifully done.

Darnell said...

I can attest to how truly gorgeous this card is in real life! Thank you for gifting it to me, Brenda! I'll have to ask you on the phone about how you got that gorgeous coppery color I see in person. I'm so sorry about the siding on your house and I hope they got it fixed because the rain we are getting is supposed to march clear across the country creating havoc. And I'm sorry your day started out like a comedy routine (funny, not funny)! I'm sure when your family arrived all came together beautifully! I will call as soon as things are calmer here. Love and hugs, Darnell

Colleen said...

Oh gosh, when it rains it pours...but I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your family and I am sure all the food turned out great! Was Molly happy about eating off the floor? *wink...Happy day my friend! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Love brown and gold together.
Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

cotnob said...

Oh dear Brenda, sounds like everything is going wrong for you at the moment, I hope you get everything sorted out.
A fabulous card, I love these Tim Holtz stamps.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

Sorry to be so late getting here, but boy do I love this card, Brenda--gorgeous! So sorry the wind did damage & hope it was easily fixed. I'm sure you had fun with your family regardless of the challenges ahead of time!

Kara Lynne said...

I hope your Thanksgiving day improved and the siding is all fixed! This card is so warm and beautiful - just like you! It's even more impressive in real life - again, just like you!