Thursday, September 5, 2019

My son's card

We just celebrated the September birthdays on Labor Day this year at my grandson's new apartment. It's like living in a resort. A huge complex with a pool, workout room, dog park and tables and each section of the building has grills and tables and chairs for the residents to use. Lots of young people live there so it is perfect for him. His girlfriend, Maddie, helped him host and it was so nice. The guys did the grilling and we set out the food and got everything ready. That's when we realized he only has silverware for four! Maddie ran to the store and picked up plastic silverware and condiments. It was so much fun.

This is the birthday card I made for my son. He loves to fish and I thought this Penny Black stamp would be a good one for him. I used the technique a lot of the Penny Black designers do by putting the stamp in the Misti and inking up parts of the stamp at a time and stamping. I then embossed it with clear ink and sponged in the sky and ground. I was so pleased at how it came out.



Be kind to one another.




17 comments:

jimlynn said...

Brenda, this is sensational! I never think of doing the coloring a little at a time like that. Thanks for the inspiration! Love that stamp you used and the coloring too. Beautiful sky also.
Sounds like your son has a wonderful home!
Lynn

oldpunca said...

Your card is a real art work. Fabulous coloring. I like the peaceful landscape with the amazing sunset.
It sounds as your grandson is living in quite similar apartment resort as my son. Just perfect for young people. :-)
Have a nice day!
Hugs, Sonja

Sue said...

What a gorgeous scene you have created, Brenda. I love the sunset sky. x

Christine Alexander said...

Brenda I've been eyeing that stamp :)I love what you did with it and I'm sure your son will also love it.

Sue - said...

That is really lovely Brenda!

Lisa said...

It sounds like such a wonderful time at your grandsons apartment!! The complex sounds fabulous!! And what a gorgeous card for your son!! I love the beautiful scene and colors!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Colleen said...

This is AMAZING! Please bring it to the retreat and show me how you did all the coloring, then I can try it! I love it and my SIL is an avid fisherman! EEK, getting super excited! I may be wearing the same clothes every day so I can have room for supplies!! *wink wink!! Heart Hugs, Col

Bonnie said...

Wow, Brenda, this is awesome! Love your coloring and that gorgeous sky! Sounds like a fun party!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You should be pleased as this card is gorgeous and I love all the fabulous colors in all the right places. Sounds like it was a nice family gathering. A great memory!

Nstiz said...

You did a great job on this Brenda. I just love your gorgeous, colorful sky. I have this stamp and it's fun to do too.

Carol L said...

I might want to live where your grandson does - it sounds like a fun place! So glad you had a nice time together and what a great card you made for him! Love the scene with all the pretty coloring you did!

Darnell said...

You should be pleased, my friend! You've beautifully created an idyllic scene and I won't be surprised if your son doesn't frame it and hang it on the wall! It's spectacular! The new place sounds amazing! Maybe that's the wave of the future for young people and houses will eventually be a thing of the past. I'm glad everyone had a great celebration!! Hugs, Darnell

pam said...

Beautiful scene you created Brenda..
Pam x

Trina P. said...

Happy belated bday to your son. The new apt. sounds amazing. And what a beautiful scene card. Great job with the inking/spritzing MISTI technique. Your son must have loved it. x

Greta said...

I can just imagine how fun your family get together was at your grandson's apt! Oh what a gorgeous scene, Brenda! This should be framed!

Mrs A. said...

Wow Brenda, this is absolutely fab. Great idea to use the Misti to colour the stamp. Why didn’t
I think of doing that. Hugs Mrs A.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a gorgeous scene, Brenda! I'm sure your son loved it (as much as any man loves a card). How fun to have the party at the apartment complex - it sounds like he's doing great there!