Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Sort of stained glass

I tried a different way than my first card with baby wipes. This time I tapped DOX on glossy cardstock using wilted violet and candied apple with a baby wipe. My first card was dry and when I wiped it off with the baby wipe all the ink came right off. Was I surprised! So I decided not to do that again, I wasn't born yesterday. Second time I tapped the ink on and left it alone. I die cut a Spell Binders stain glass window with SU woodgrain c/s and took  a piece of acetate and glued it under the die cut and then glued it to the inked glossy c/s. I cut around the window and it was popped up on a lavender card base.  Prayers was die cut with a SSS die and embossed with black sparkle e/p by Ranger. Then I stamped the rest of the sentiment, also from SSS. It was hard to get a good picture of it because of the shine on the acetate so I had to stand it up on my desk. I wanted to play again in





Be kind to one another.




16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Brenda, I can't believe the amazing glow from your window. Stunning card :)

jimlynn said...

It looks exactly like stained glass - and so beautiful!!!
Lynn

Mrs A. said...

Wow, This really looks like the light are on. Clever you. Hugs Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

Wow .....one very special and unique card and great stained effect look and a great addition to The CAS Mix Up Challenge gallery...thank you x.

Carol L said...

Isn't it great how we learn from our mistakes!?! LOL This turned out just beautiful after all is said and done and I just love those stained glass window panes!

Greta said...

Wow--it looks like light through a stained glass window--gorgeous!

Lisa said...

OH wow, Brenda, it looks amazing!! What gorgeous colors!! It's truly stunning, my friend!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cathy said...

Fabulous! Love the stained glass look you got here Brenda, what a wonderful card, Cathy x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Brenda, your stained glass looks fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

oldpunca said...

You achieved amazing effect, Brenda. Fantastic use of baby wipes. Your card is wonderful.
Have a nice day,
Sonja

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design with the glow from the window. It is so beautiful! You are really doing an amazing job with the baby wipes.

Maria said...

Looks like a very real stained glass window with sun shining through...so pretty!! You achieved a great result using the baby wipes!!

Jo said...

This window definitely has a beautiful glow flowing through it. Impressive. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! Love the colors.....another technique I need to try. Enjoy your weekend. I hope I will get some crafty time.

Bonnie said...

The dabbing of color with the baby wipe made a beautiful stained glass window, Brenda! I love your choice of the lavender card base! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

Sue said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! Love your stained glass window and the colours you've used.