Saturday, December 15, 2018

Funny story

Since I told you how I shop with Foxy, I'll share a story that's funny now, but not so much then. I got in the car with the strap of my shoulder bag over my left shoulder and the purse on my right side. I knew I was going straight home so I didn't take my purse off my shoulder. I put the seat belt over Foxy's tube which I normally don't do, I put it under so the tube is free but I just wanted to go home. Pulled out of the lot and thought I have so much to do when I get home that I'll go through a drive through and grab a quick meal. I gave my order and she told me how much it was. When I got to the window I was so tangled up with the seat belt, tubing and purse strap I couldn't get to my purse or unzip it. The lady was patiently waiting at the window for me to pay so I had to undo the seat belt, move the tubing and take my purse off my shoulder to get her money. I now always take my purse off my shoulder and put it on the seat, careful not to block the vents. She was laughing but I was not at the time.

Today's card is a spinner made at Stampin Up class. Almost all my Christmas cards were made there. I love my ladies and Laura, the demonstrator, is the sweetest gal you could ever want. These ladies are wonderful and so caring and compassionate and really friends as well. I love going there and visiting with them. This is made by embossing the panel with an e/f. Then just putting the string above and below the opening after attaching it between layers of the snowman. I sent it to my SIL and she loved it.



Be kind to one another.




14 comments:

cotnob said...

A lovely card Brenda, such a cute snowman - your Stampin Up Class sounds lovely.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

Precious card and I love all the embossing!! Very pretty.
Fun Foxy story too! LOL!
Lynn

Carol L said...

I never tried making a spinner card for years, but I love this with the cute snowman. That trip to the drive-in window must have been frustrating for you, but thank goodness your girl waiting was patient! Have a great weekend!

Greta said...

Oh dear--must admit I was giggling reading your story, Brenda! Gotta laugh at ourselves, for sure! Such a darling card--love everything about it!

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the story X what a lovely card and such a fun spinner idea X your class sounds wonderful with your friends X

Maria said...

Oh, such a story, Brenda!:) And, your card is so cute! i haven’t made a spinner card yet, but would love to try! Darling snowman and wonderful embossed background!

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, Brenda, what a story!! Your card is absolutely adorable!! I love the spinner and the snowman!! So cute!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks for sharing your funny story or at least now! And, I love the wonderful spinner card you made too. That is so fun as well.

Nstiz said...

How cute is this? I've never made an interactive card before but just love them. Your snowman is just adorable. Who wouldn't love this card, Brenda! It's wonderful and fun too!

pam said...

Gorgeous card Brenda, love the cute snowman and lovely details.
great story!
Hugs Pam x

Bonnie said...

Interactive cards are such fun, but I don't seem to have good luck with them! Of course your SIL liked this spinning snowman! Sounds like a fun group of stampers! Thanks so much for the beautiful Christmas card you sent us! Love the little church and homes of the cozy die cut!

Mrs A. said...

Sweet snowman and suits being a spinner card.
Here are a few return jokes for you.
Son to his Dad. 'Can I watch the TV'?
'Yes, but don't turn it on.'

Two men walk into a bar. The third one ducks.

I'm reading a book on the history of glue. I can't put it down.

What do you call a horse that moves around a lot? Unstable.

My daughter asked me to put the cat out. I didn't know it was on fire.

Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

fun card, it's been years since I made a spinner card, your snow man is so sweet.
It sounds as though have a fun bunch of SU card pals :)

Darnell said...

I can see how that story is funny-not-funny, Brenda! I can just imagine how angry you were at yourself for getting into that silly predicament. I'm glad you learned that lesson at a fast-food window and not after a car accident where you couldn't get yourself untangled, so it was really a possible life-saving lesson. Too deep? And so early in the morning? lol. As for your spinner snowman, I love him!! He is cute enough as is, but add in the fun of spinning him and this card rocks! I'm passing time before we leave in a few minutes for another "juicing," so thank you for the great post to distract me!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell