Friday, May 26, 2017

As promised, or threatened depending on how you look at it, I am back with a card. This is my first attempt at a technique Jennifer McGuire did the other day. Raised letters in a scene. I think if I hadn't layered so many letters together it would have matched a little better but I'm happy for my first try. She has really been posting some cool things to do but I don't think I can afford to watch her very much longer! I can't imagine how she thinks up all these things to do. This card is going to my girlfriend's granddaughter graduating from high school. A Stampin Up scene, Avery Elle congratulations and Lawn Fawn letters and little star. WOS on stars and red gown and shoes. Taking my granddaughter out tonight for her birthday dinner and hoping the storms hold off until we get home. Hard to believe there is rain forecast for each day this weekend. Hope the parade and race gets in. Our family is getting together on Monday for our Memorial Day. Be kind to one another and be safe if you are traveling.


11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

You did great with that technique. I am sure it will be so appreciated as well. A wonderful graduation card design.

Sue said...

This is a fabulous design, Brenda! I love how you used the technique, a gorgeous card. Have a lovely weekend.

pam said...

Fabulous card Brenda, love the technique! she`ll love this.
Hugs Pam x

Cathy said...

What a great technique! She will love this card I'm sure. I agree, Jennifer is amazingly creative!

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the technique you used!! What a fun card!! Have a wonderful dinner with your granddaughter!! I hope they are able to get the parade and the race in!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

This is SO cool, Brenda! You rocked the camoflaged card technigue brilliantly with the word "grad" hidden in the awesome feet stamp! LOVE this!! I hope you made it home safe and that the whole weekend isn't ruined by the rain. :( Hoping to get a call in soon! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Very clever & cute for the graduate, Brenda! I browsed the post, but still need to actually watch the video. I do love hidden die cut words & want to check out her other ideas. She's almost got me to buy a laminator (cheaper one on Amazon) so I can use my foil easier with stamps which at least is a tool & not more stamps & dies, so I figured it's justified--haha! Checked the weather for the race & hope the thunderstorms don't happen. Always try to watch it--feel closer to my Indy roots & get teary when I hear the song as I can hear my dad singing along. Hope you had fun with your granddaughter & have a wonderful family day on Monday! Big hugs, Greta

Mrs A. said...

I love watching all Jennifer's techniques and her fabulous ideas but seem to have missed this one. Hope you have a great get together with your family. More problems in the UK with all BA. Flights cancelled in and out due to huge iT problems with their systems. We're not having much luck here in England just now. Hugs Mrs A.

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a super card, I had to open the image up to see the hidden 'Grad' had a giggle about some of the grads shoe choices. I'm sure this will be appreciated, have a wonderful week... Megan

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful graduation card, Brenda! I hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend!

Brenda said...

I loved that video from JM and you did a great job with this technique Brenda!!! I think it looks great and I'm sure it looks even better in person! Yep, I don't know how she thinks up this stuff either, but she comes up with some cool techniques doesn't she?! Hugs, Brenda